Con-way student OTR driver?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by snowbird_89, Jan 12, 2011.

1. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    look like all new truck that r coming will have 10spd

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gt40hwy

gt40hwy Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Holbrook, NY
    Thanks Brunsco, I spoke with Keturah last night and made my decision to go with Conway. My wife kind of helped a bit. She sees there LTL trucks here on Long Island and wanted me to work for them. Can't say no to the boss. I read your thread and others and it seems to be the right decision. I hope everything is going great and safe for you and your wife. Thanks again for your input. Safe ride, Enjoy:biggrin_25519: :Trailer:

4. gt40hwy

gt40hwy Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Holbrook, NY
    The recruiter did mention this to me about running Northeast. I told her I would do it as well as run west. I'm very open. I know the northeast is hell at times. I live here and can't stand going into Manhattan with a car or even to Brooklyn or Queens forget about the Bronx. Boston, Mass is also a nightmare I heard but someone has to do it. Maybe it can be me. One big learning experience.

5. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Two months in and i love this company. Only major negative things i've heard since i got here were from the typical job hoppers who were about to quit and go to their 16th company in 2 years.

6. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    There are two freight terminals out there. Farmingdale and Syosset. LTL is the way to go man, though freight is kinda slow around this time. At least you'll be home everyday and if you dont work you'll be home instead of sitting in some truck stop in bfe. Think about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.