Con Way Truckload

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by AspiringTrucker, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Do truckload drivers sometimes have to carry doubles. And what about the home time. and i heard the have nice facilities. Be safe:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AspiringTrucker

AspiringTrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    The terminals are all nice, but nothing fancy. The truckload drivers never pull doubles.

4. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Thanks for all your info and help. Thanks and be safe out there.:biggrin_25525:

5. jcroom76

jcroom76 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    What happened to getting home within 5 days of hi-liting?

6. AspiringTrucker

Apr 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM

Where did you get that information from?

7. jcroom76

Aug 17, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    I got that information from the 2 1/2 yrs that I worked there ending Jan 08...Maybe thats changed, I dont know, But if you were still out on your 5th day after Hi-liting you were deadheaded home WITH PAY only if they could'nt find you a load goin that way, happened to me a couple times when they could'nt find me something goin to Laredo or El paso that I could drop in Lancaster.

8. BobbysCntryGrlLuv

BobbysCntryGrlLuv Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hello Everyone! I'm a newbie. Been with my trucker for a little over a year. He just left Central Oregon and is now with Con Way. So far we like the company. They really take care of their recruits as well as their drivers. During orientation every day for 5 days they paid for the lunches at a buffet, put them up in a hotel during orientation and then the instructor took the class to Red Lobster for dinner the last day of orientation. From there they gave him a rental car (paid by them) and trip money to drive all the way to Joplin, Missouri to get his truck and trailer. He got there Saturday night and they put him up in a hotel AGAIN for Saturday night and Sunday night. He is now at the yard waiting for his truck and trailer. He found out that the basement downstairs had free weights, treadmills and bicycles for the employees to use PLUS they had showers in the bathrooms. I can say that we are liking it so far. Bobby has spoke to several teams and solo drivers before his move to Con Way and they had nothing but good things to say about them. We are hoping that this will be the company that he will retire with when the time comes (20+ years from now ... lol)

9. AspiringTrucker

Apr 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM

They must have discontinued it, I have never heard of that. I know now they have days assigned to certain states/areas. I live in New Mexico which they consider a 9 day state, so they claim to have me home in that window. I'm not sure about the deadheading home with pay, they may still do that if you are outside of the time it takes based on their 'window.'

10. slodsm

slodsm Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Tyler TX
    I was there until June 08 and it was still 5 days then. If you weren't home on day 5 they paid you to go home.

Adding days to it just sounds like more heading downhill unfortunately.

11. jcroom76

Aug 17, 2007
    Dallas,Tx
    I could'nt agree with you more...Must be that TX thing again:biggrin_25519:. From what I seen while I was there Its not at all unheard of for them(Con-Way) to change the rules in the middle of the game. There might be a few that disagree with me on this, But Con-Way Trckld will never be the company that CFI was.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.