Con Way Truckload

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by AspiringTrucker, Sep 14, 2008.

1. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    You Sir are prob the golden apple....I've seen a lot of student at Joplin & Taylor ... Most wonder why in the world would Conway even let them in the door...ive also seen decent students get into mostly backing accidents within the first month solo ...then they either quit or are let go...on the other side of that experienced drivers can get "comfortable" & lazy ...which leaded to accidents..

Sounds like u had a good trainer..( in sure there are a few bad apples) so keep up the good work!

I wave with one finger ! Does that count lol (gotta keep my hands On the wheel)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I am going to speak about my time here at CWTL. I have been here for 6 month now. I started OTR and my miles were not that great. Good Performance record always on time for p/u and del. Then I moved to Midwest regional. My miles are actually better regional than OTR why I do not have a clue. There is a downside for me moving to regional the FM I have I cannot tolerate for much longer. Every time I come back from my little 3 days off I have a write up waiting on me. This is the 2nd time it has happened. Reason for it is "Poor work performance" Driver did not board by 0730 on promised return date. This FM also will call me on my time off asking me why am I not at work? I tell him I'm not supposed to be. His response "I did a AUDIT of your days off you do not have the time you requested". I don't care about your AUDIT or you for that matter cause it's obvious you don't care about the quality of a drivers time at home with family. This last incident I picked up a load in Trumann, AR and relayed it in West Memphis yard for time off I was dispatched at 08:57 AM from Trumann so therefore Fri did not count as an off day. Well come to find out they put me off on that Friday and hes calling me Monday harassing me to get back to work. I did not come back to work I returned on Tuesday which would be my 3 days off. So I return that Tuesday and I am blocked from the board or being planned because this FM wrote me up again. I said forget this and went well above his head and explained the situation to him. His response "It seems this has been an ongoing issue between you guys, I see this as we have a driver not running and not making any money. I am going to undo all this and get you moving. We will get you routed to Joplin and talk about this face to face". Well here we are a week later and I have still not been routed to Joplin and I refused to sign the write up. I ripped it up and threw it away.

Overall I would say CWTL is a decent company the only issues I have is this FM who I will be switching fleets at the start of next month. I also don't like the MPG rule to much you govern us at 65mph but want us to run 62mph or lower. We as drivers already have a lot to worry about. My main concern is getting from Point A to B safely and on-time not fuel mileage.

4. Countyboy

Countyboy Medium Load Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Ill take a stab but is your FM's initials B.S. sounds like stuff one I had used to pull if so feel free to have the supervisor call me when u go for your meeting because BOYS do I have some fun things they would love to hear. Refused cash advances for border tolls/faxes, refused to pay for parking (jessup, md TA) sat me all the time, constantly lied about wether it was FCFS at CON or appointment only so he wouldn't need to work on getting me loads etc. left his board and my pay went up $$125 a week

EtaN Thanks this.
  5. Countyboy

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    You are a rarity from what I've seen, the exception to the rule. How many other new drivers have you seen that are completely unprofessional, do it only for the money, and couldn't care less about learning, like you are doing, how to do the job correctly and safely. Could just be the ones I meet but

6. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    You are correct B.S. and thats what he is full of.

7. Countyboy

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Yeah you know what **** him. I fired him, another guy did too, as well as 7 other that ****head needs to be fired he is a complete unprofessional ****.

No worries I can be more professional but he is the only bad experience I've had at Conway. Switch dispatchers, don't even try talking to him and when asked why let them know "because you (management) has had enough complaints about him he houldnt have a job"

EtaN and paul_4lp Thank this.
  8. Countyboy

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Seriously if a random guy can guess first try who the ####### is in question out of ALL FM's that should tell you something

Edit
    I was about to go to sleep but now you got me all fired up.

EtaN and paul_4lp Thank this.
  9. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I hear ya man. I will let them know as soon as I get to Joplin if that ever comes. I cant continue to run under his fleet all he does is stress me out. Messaging me on my 10 hr break with little nit pick messages like when are you leaving etc etc. You are right though talking to him does no good. All he kept saying was you are incorrect the computer is right. I said oh so your saying im a liar I just stayed out here for 3 weeks and I'm taking 3 days off I risk my life for this company and this is the thanks I get? He said if you don't like it maybe you shouldn't work here. You have no idea how pissed I was at that point I almost lost it and cussed him out. I didnt though I kept my cool.

10. Countyboy

Nov 10, 2010
    Littleton, NH
    Yeah keep your cool, let safety know he is using the QC to harass you on your 10 hr break, calls on your home time, etc. it's a safety thing then

11. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I will, gonna fire him come 10-01. Cannot wait either hopefully they see hes an ### and rid him for good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.