Con Way Truckload

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by AspiringTrucker, Sep 14, 2008.

1. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Electronic logs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    The trucks are governed at 65. Do they (safety) get on you for going 70-73 maybe, say if it's a long downhill and the speed limit is 70? I've heard some companies do get on you about that because the governed speed is 65 and they want you to hold this speed at all times, not go over it.

4. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    I believe you consider over-Speed at 70....hit 75 and they will dismiss you from your employment
    but I have not heard of drivers being let go ( on here or word of mouth) maybe one of the drivers that been here longer than me can answer ....I've been here 16 months

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    When I worked there I hit 76 no problem.. but 75 is max after that they can fire u. Trucks are at 65.

6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    I've gone up to 74 for extended periods of time on downhill grades when speed limit is 75 (WY) -- never got a nastygram, though the qc does record "excessive speed" time

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  7. Team4Life

Team4Life Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Clarksdale, MO.
    A friend of ours was fired for going over 70 coming down a mountain, but they did not bring it up until he was called into safety for going through a customer's entrance that had a low canopy; so sounds like they document things and use them when they need them.

8. Team4Life

Team4Life Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Clarksdale, MO.
    How is everyone's miles? Still not great here... been here for 1 1/2 years now and averaging 2,000/miles per week...and have to beg for most of those. The last FM I had told me things were not good and he too is moving on to another job. Home time has never been a problem, just can't make enough money to even make monthly mortgage.... looking around for a different job now.

9. NotTheAverageTrucker

NotTheAverageTrucker Heavy Load Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Tucson, Arizona

Didn't know y'all were on here. I just ran into you in Canada and had to borrow your bolt cutters.
    My miles have been a little over 2k a week, but not by too much. Though I don't need much more than that being homeless and all...

10. Team4Life

Team4Life Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Clarksdale, MO.
    We just came off home time on Friday, sat until the load was ready Sunday, drove 350 miles and delivered Monday morning, now sitting all day today, Tuesday, - drive 200 miles and sit again, then drop and hook Wednesday and drive 600 miles by Friday....Average, 200 miles/day for the week. We were staying out 6-7 weeks at a time, but I am not doing that anymore when the miles aren't there.

11. NotTheAverageTrucker

NotTheAverageTrucker Heavy Load Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Tucson, Arizona
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on there. I have been doing about 3-350 a day average. Should pick up here soon though. Maybe somebody will have something else better to say about things.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.