Conceal carry??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TooTiredToTalk, May 25, 2022.

1. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Here's some info on the Laws of the Jungle. The Democratic Mayor and DA only want the fine upstanding Locals to be armed

Philadelphia Gun Laws vs. Other Jurisdictions | Local Regulations

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Reason for edit: Sorry, I forgot the Link
    Another Canadian driver and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I wouldn't want to ever shoot anyone for any reason. It's something that you'll have to live with the rest of your life. And even assuming you were right in doing it there is the legal challenges ahead. If the person is a different skin tone then you you're really f'ed.
    I can live with being robbed I think and I think I'd let someone get away with that.

But what about being permanently hurt due to a savage beating?
    How will your loved ones get along without you because you were murdered?
    And then there is rape, do you think you could cope with that mentality?

Anti-gun people for some reason think that bad people will just steal from you and leave. If that was the case I'd never carry and neither would my wife. That simple is not the world we live in anymore, if it ever was.
    I have a ccw permit and I firmly believe in the first c, conceal it and never mention it.

Also check out
    Home
    you might find some good advice for female shooters. My wife likes them.

buddyd157, tscottme, Numb and 2 others Thank this.
  4. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020

Simple rule, approach me in anyway that threatens my life or my loved ones, I will be the first to draw. And I can live with that. My mother died in my arms when I was 16. Nothing would stop me from protecting my family. Regardless of how I’d feel. This is too crazy of a time to be doubtful of people’s intentions.

5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Ft. Hood in Texas also does. He asked if I had any firearms in the truck. I'm thinking, "It says Texas on the side of my door, what do you think?" Anyways, he got in the truck and got it. Came out with the gun in one hand, and the mag in the other, and said, "If anybody asks, this thing wasn't loaded." Had me fill out a piece of paper, and they gave it back to me when I left.

Bean Jr., cuzzin it, tscottme and 5 others Thank this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

What happens if you show up at a military base with a gun in the truck depends on the Base Commander. You gun may be held by authorities until you leave, you may be turned away, or you may get into serious legal trouble. I recall, vaguely, a case where a visitor to military base in state of NY was first denied entry, local or state cops were notified, visitor was arrested for violating NY laws.
    https://www.dcma.mil/Portals/31/Documents/Policy/DCMA-MAN-4201-18.pdf?ver=2019-01-15-073316-963

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    This is the best advice. Over the years, I have seen/heard people that show or talk about a gun in their possession. Stupid, just plain stupid.

8. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Red river won’t, Anniston won’t, Bragg won’t, Fort Stewart won’t, and all the others I’ve been to won’t.

9. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Can someone English this for me?

10. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    I didn't ask at Buckley AFB, but MP got in the cab and sleeper for gate inspection while I was opening all doors on truck and trailer boxes.

Ft Bliss also won't, also you can't store it at the gun club and there's no truck friendly FFL's nearby to ship to your home FFL dealer...

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If there is no FFL gun shops convenient and with truck parking, then rent a car, taxi, uber and go to a FFL gun shop that is not perfectly convenient and ship it to a hometown FFL gun store. Whatever that costs in time and money is less time and money wasted than getting in serious legal trouble for having a firearm where you are prohibited.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.