Concealed weapon?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ultratowel, Jan 17, 2018.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don’t they allow .50 BMG there anymore, after a round went across the Nanticoke and hit somebody’s barn over in Vienna.

BigBob410 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry you don't like to read.

There are many posts on TTR, and else where on the Internet that deals with Concealed Carry state by state because there are some that will do it, some that wont and some in between.

Even vehicle carry has a number of problems depending on what state you are in. Some treat vehicles as castle doctrine, which is a whole another set of Law. And some do not allow weapons in a vehicle cabin etc. And so on.

You really need to take the time to read. Failure to do so on such a important subject might get you arrested in a state that frowns on weapons. And trucking we go everywhere.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  4. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I was really surprised they let them in the first place!! Lol! I was thinking when I shot it seemed like a lot of rifle for a little dirtier hill in front of some woods and we were shooting at an old oxygen tank that was down range..that didn't seem like a great idea either but I figured the size of the round it was going thru the tank the hill and the woods! A smaller round would have me worried about it ricocheting back.

MACK E-6 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I made a post in this thread with a link to an older post that had a lot of great information about carrying firearms across state lines. However if you don't want to take the time to at least skim through these threads that is on you. I am not re-posting that link. You are free to start as many threads as you like. However I suspect all you are going to do is start threads that get hijacked like this one did.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    I was being sarcastic.

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    After careful thought I say this.

We have a range in searcy that is indoors 100 yards and they do allow BMG.

If it was me I would not be in there when they shoot that big stuff. It's one thing when they shoot really big black powder stuff such as Sharps and so on but the BMG? yeesh. I used to fire magnum slugs in there against human sized targets on paper 50 yards and hit them center mass. The problem is the slugs bounce back towards me on the floor to pile up about 10 yards in front of me. I don't know about you but that skeeter skeeter skeeter they do coming back my way is not welcome. BOOM. Pause. CLANK! Skeeter... etc. ugh.

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, I will put you on the list, we don't do sarcasm in a subject serious enough to have people lose their freedom or life being in the wrong place the wrong time without the necessary lawful papers etc.

Coover Thanks this.
  9. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    You might not. I can and will if I want to. That's the constitutional amendment that comes before the 2nd.

10. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    And just for your info. I was already on the list.

11. Imadebail

Imadebail Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Oregon
    I have bought a lot of new and used guns and parts from gunbroker.com, its an online auction site. I have guns sent to my local ffl. Parts can be sent directly to you. Allso buy most ammo online through them. I have got some great deals. There maybe other sites like them, idk. (This in response to ffls being cheaper)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.