Concerned

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Silverbeard, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Silverbeard

Silverbeard Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    So just an update....
    I contacted the big boss to inquire about why the sudden changes in load volume and dispatch communication issues.
    He tells me that the dispatcher we lost, who ALL drivers liked, was "a piece of ####" and was going to be fired anyway....
    And that he's unaware of the reason for our lack of work because he's been on vacation the last 2 weeks. Which may explain why our support staff and dispatchers aren't making any noise and keeping us rolling....hmmm...playing solitaire I assume.
    I'm skeptical...
    For clarity...we are a smaller company with only about 60 fulltime drivers. I work for the south dedicated division and we only run 5 fulltime drivers across Texas and surrounding states... Our main terminal runs east coast and Northeast with a few OTR guys who run all 48....
    So we don't have mega carrier issues but we have small town gossipy ######## issues.
    At this point I'm just trying to avoid falling into that trap. But I'm closely monitoring the situation. Too many red flags popping up.....

Lepton1, Dino soar, JReding and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I’d leave. Not your problem they don’t have loads for you.

Also he’s bashing your old dispatcher who did a good job. He’s bashing you to other people as well.

Call your old dispatcher and see if he can put you on.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    ONe, make thaqt ONE bad week, a new dispatcher that comes on board while the boss is on vacation and everyone is yelling leave. you just have to love it.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  5. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Hell yeah id leave, everything was good with the old guy and this new guy is screwing him. You work to make money, not #### off and wait for the new guy to get his act together.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    See if you can go where your old dispatcher left to. An established company with dedicated hauls doesn’t just slow down the instant you get a new dispatcher.

7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    What kind of boss impliments big changes and then goes on a 2 week vacation... Id give 3 to 1 odds that your old dispatcher took his business with him... He left before he got fired so he could take said business with him and his clients wouldnt see a disruption in the service he provides.

Find out where he went and follow him.

8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I bet my odds on this post.

9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Think about that, how do you figure the new guy is screwing him?
    Do you really think the new dispatcher just thinks well I will just sit on all these loads and let ALL of the drivers cool their heels fow a week, then I will start doing my job when I feel like it.
    The dispatcher likely is more worried about his job than the drivers.

I will say it is a good possibility that the old dispatcher has taken the freight, it happens all the time. I know of several companies that got their start exactly that way.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The winds have changed and one epoch has ended with the departure of the old gaurd who did good keeping you 5 employed without sitting. He probably kept the politics (Arguments) from bleeding over to you as well.

You five will need to consider moving on. The company is entering a time of decline if you all are sitting for the first time in years. We do not sit. Not as truckers. When we sit it's for one or two reasons, and I think in your case the company dies with the departure of the old dispatcher and will be mismanaged by the new one who has no fear of working for a dying outfit. And unfortunately may be a author of your company's demise through making you 5 sit. Your customers will complain for sure.

Start looking for other work. Quality work that never sits. If its one thing in life things change and sometimes not for the better. My parents said it, and It is my turn to say it as well. You probably already see it coming.

Good luck. Use the time to rest up and then make the changes you need to make in life. Whatever happens with the new man is not likely to be any better.

11. Fold_Moiler

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah I guess he could have, either way it’s sketchy to say the least.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  12. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    It doesn’t add up, does it?

Happy drivers looking forward to going to work (remember the strip club economics, when they’re throwing money at you, you keep your arse onstage). Travel agent leaves and INSTANTLY the money stop. But the owner says the travel agent was a POS and he was going to fire him. Hmmmm

He was communicating well, keeping everything flowing and moving and they were planning to fire him. Does that even make sense? Guy was rock solid on point but lousy...hmmm...

If that were true, and he were doing such rotten job, when they brought the new guy in, absolutely nothing would have changed. But suddenly, the whole crew of A Gamers are sitting around and no one is throwing money. What does your senses tell you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.