Concerned

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Silverbeard, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    LDIfGQO.gif

FlaSwampRat and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridlingdj

Ridlingdj Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2018

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I would not get along with the text. I bought my phone to tallk on and that is all I use it for. lol
    I worked a couple of years off and on for a local company. they texted all the drivers every evening to tell them where and when to be at work the next day. I had enough sense to know where and when without it, but I told them I do not look at texts, if they need to tell me something, then call me.
    Then I went in the office and the secretary/dispatcher a really nice lady ask me if I knew my mailbox was full, I told her I had an idea it was, I have had this phone 5 or 6 years and have never checked it. lol
    She told me she could show me how, and I told her if I wanted too check them, I would know how. lol

CorsairFanboy, FlaSwampRat and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I’m the exact opposite, with good reason. I was given my schedule a few months ago over the phone by my regular dispatcher. That very next morning, I had just finished getting ready for my 30 minute commute to work around 2:00 am, when I got a call from our nighttime dispatcher. He asked, “Where are you??” I said I was just leaving for work for a 5:00 dispatch to Everett WA. He said, “You’re supposed to be in Federal Way at Winco right now!” I tried reasoning with him to no avail. So I delivered to Winco, late, which also caused me to be late for my real assignment and following preplan. I told my regular dispatcher in the morning, who was furious at the night dispatcher. I told my dispatcher in plain English that from that moment in, my dispatch was to be in writing (text) or it never happened. He agreed, and it’s been that way ever since.

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Red flags are real.

Pay attention to them.

7. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    I always text my dispatch out got tired of all the excuses

JReding Thanks this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I didn't have to have an excuse if they texted me, i just didn't go. they only tested that once. lol

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  9. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I
    I've definitely worked somewhere that would. They also used to net $7 Billion a year roughly so just a drop in the bucket. Management would sit you at home to inflate other numbers. Not good for the bottom line, but looked good on all of the lines in between which is where bonuses were paid.

10. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Money fo nuthin. And ya chicks for free.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.