Conestoga question

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Rob Ox, Apr 2, 2018.

1. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Paging @OLDSKOOLERnWV

Believe he runs an Aero XP. But wouldn’t be like him to not shop around before purchasing so he might be able to sway you in the right direction :)

SAR and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    IMG_0282.PNG IMG_0286.PNG IMG_0291.PNG IMG_0292.PNG IMG_0294.PNG IMG_0295.PNG IMG_0296.PNG
    Evening Sir!

Yes I have the Aero XP. As far as structural design, and ease of operation I say it ranks near the top, if not at the top. I looked at other Conestogas at MATS last week, still prefer the Aero. From the front I can have it unhooked, and slid open in less than 45 seconds. But when I fasten it back up I like to unlatch the back first, takes the strain off the front latches. After loading I can button it up pretty quick.
    Rollers are guaranteed for life as long as you own it.

LoneCowboy, stwik, brsims and 2 others Thank this.
  4. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Freind got his installed last year. He worked it out so he took his trailer straight to Indianapolis at the main plant. Think he said 1 1/2 days and he rolling back home with it. Also a Aero XP.

stwik and SAR Thank this.
  5. Hayfieldmn

Hayfieldmn Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2016
    The company I work for has aero as well. I really like them. They open really fast from front or back. I have however talked to a driver that was in love with his quick draw setup, he had regular flat that day so I've never seen one tho. Hope that helps.

6. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    I've owned both Quickdraw and Fastrak. They are about the same quality. Something else to consider is shop locations and hours. What options were included in that 15k quote?

Ruthless Thanks this.
  7. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    Is eagle the tarp system with the j hooks that will fit on the track?

6rider Thanks this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Yah, besides everyone already knows I'm a deuce.... and often times a douche

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

Those Aeros do look nice and quick. Never dragged one myself. Only the Fasttrack.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  10. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    To be honest, now I'm speaking from what I see personally.... the framework looks stronger to me for one thing, and the locking system on the back is something I like too. I looked at a unit on YouTube that one company demonstrated, guy used a quarter .25 to chock the rollers on the back at one point.... keep in mind this was a sales demo! :rolleyes::D. Think it was the same one that used a strap and winch on the sides to hold the back.

I have to load later this evening for Elkhart, IN , if I don't forget I will take a few pics and share here, just to give others a idea what it looks like on the latches. We all have different taste.

Ruthless and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Where at in Elkhart? Bull Moose?

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.