Connex 3300HP-ZX

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2005.

1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

Yep i run on them 151.820

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corn Field

Corn Field Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Alabama
  4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    In my building they woud get thrown out for unauthorized tampering with anothers equipment. I own the antennas on my towers except for a few rare occassions, it just works out better that way. I run andrews LDF 7/8 that terminates right above your rack space with a superflex jumper down as long as the customer indicates they need.
    I just find in the long run everyones is happier that way.

I require cavaties on everything notch pass notch. Any how size has nothing to do with it. Its wrong to touch someone else equipment.

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    I had a base station set up and mobile right now I still have them but no time to play with them.

6. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

I agree when you have several antennas close to each other a filter makes a big diffrence. My 2 meter one keeps the pagers out of my radio with out it you can hear them even on the SSB frequencies.

I use several bandpass filters but I like the ICE ones they are well made like the arestors and low priced

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/filtersrf.html

7. OffShore

OffShore Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Just to clarify older posts. Ranger, CONNEX, and galaxy won a lawsuit against the FCC last year in the Supreme Court that stated that it was by no means illegal to own or operate (within means) any of the above mentioned radios. Any claims since last Fall from the FCC against anyone have been strictly intimidation. If you or anyone you know is harassed by the FCC regarding any CONNEX radio, do not be tricked into believing otherwise.

8. Mad Dog 20/20

Mad Dog 20/20 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Skid Row
    I know Mr. Peng fought and won a suit over the importation of his radios years ago, do you have a link concerning the suit last year?

squirrellsgnwild Thanks this.
  9. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    ]

It never has been illegal to possess the so-called "10 Meter radios". Since the now-old lawsuit, FCC has changed its wording as to the prohibition on the USE of non-certified radios on CB radio AND the use of "dual-usage" radios that easy to modify for CB. The law is still the same, and NO amount of suing is going to change it. There is PLENTY of legal precedent against the USE of over-powered, non-certified "CB look-alike" radios, and it has NOT changed! According to Title 47, Part 95, US Code of Regulations, you MUST use a 40 channel, 4 watt, CERTIFIED CB radio. If it is modified or changed, "snipped, clipped, and "wackpacked" in ANY WAY, it is ILLEGAL to USE on CB radio. Period. It is the USE of these wannabe "ham" radios that is STILL illegal and will get you fined, your radio seized if you are using it on 11 Meters. And that includes any amplilfiers. If you transmit on "them extree channels", of which there are NONE, if you think 10 Meters is FREE for your use, you are MISTAKEN and will be FINED if caught. That "band" switch with A,B,C,D,E is NOT a "freeband" for you to use. You have 40 channels to use, most of which go begging. You may NOT transmit on 10 Meters----or anywhere ELSE without the requisite license.

So, lawsuit or not, it is fine for you to posess one of the wannabe "ham" radios. It's when you TRANSMIT WITH it ON 11 Meters, OR on 10 Meters (28 MHZ) withOUT the license, THAT's what will get you in trouble. Nothing has changed!!!! So-called "10 Meter" radios are STILL illegal for CBers to USE!!!!

GF

KE5WDP and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  10. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Certification is the word ...... without it you can't transmit with any radio.

11. Solus

Solus Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Centerville, MA
    I know this thread has just about expired but I was hoping someone could tell me what frequencies most truckers with an amateur license monitor?
    I've been looking around as well as preforming several searches without finding my answer.
    I'm a new ham and do use my radio to scan the frequencies but mostly I pick up repeaters. I'm more interested in what frequencies you listen to while on the open road between major cities.
    Just like the CBers use CH 19, boaters CH 16, what about ham operators?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.