connex or galaxy

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TNspeedy, Jan 4, 2011.

1. longhaireddwb

longhaireddwb Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm going to give you two options.

Keep the 959, a very good little radio! Buy a texas star amp and check to be sure your antenna system is as good as it can be and right! And your good to go. Maybe even upgrade to a (Predator 10K antenna).

Second option, if you like the Galaxy's then stay with them. More bells and whistles than the General Lee and Connex. Buy you a 48T, 94HP or go with the biggest the 98VHP. I've ran all of these radios and love them as I'm a Galaxy guy.

My opinion on the General Lee is that it is a good LOUD radio. They can be had for under 200 buck and you can get around 50 watts out of them.

The Connex is made for power only with not a lot of extra bells and whistles. You can get them to do just as much power as any Galaxy but the audio is a harsher sound. This is just my opinion.

Your chose should be your choice. Depending on how much money you want to spend and what you use your radio for.
    Send me a PM if you want more help in making this choice. I've ran many, many radios in my day of all types.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slowride67

slowride67 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Southington,CT
    Please don't tell anyone to buy a linear...the DX police will get offended and start lecturing you about how illegal they are. You must follow the guidelines of the FCC to the letter or else the Gestapo SS will come and get you.:biggrin_2553:

4. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Intresting .....

DX POLICE :biggrin_25512: never heard of them .....

Since the FCC can't define there own rules linears and export radios by them selves are not illegal .....

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

JUNK and you know it .....

Please show me a law OUTLAWING linear amps other than the standard to which they must be built .....

And show me DX POLICE and where it is definded

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Never heard of the DX police either, unless he's referring to a ham operator.

But that video was hillarious.

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Yep it shows a retarded redneck truck driver .......
    Do CBers/ truckers think of him as a leader in any way .... :biggrin_25513:

Someone please tell me how it gives CB anything but a bad name ? Is this the best someone can come up with ? The guy is a mindless fool with no knowledge of radio. This has been on HAM radio forums as a look as to just how stupid CBers are is this what you want ..... I don't think so. THEN the bloggers who responded with comments about ham radio how many gave up their licenses IF they ever had one ? In 47 years of being a HAM and almost 50 on CB if this is the best he could do Cb is in trouble ....

BTW what is a DX police someone show me it i'm waiting ....

8. longhaireddwb

longhaireddwb Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2011
    I've been a CBer for many years and a Ham for almost as much time. I've never herd of the DX police. Now days the FCC has much more better things to do than try and locate an offender of the part 95 rules for CB. Also I think they think they have better things to do when it comes to part 97 of the ham rules to if you listen to some of the stuff I've herd on 75m lately.

I will always recommend Sparky's CB Shack to anyone who wants to buy a CB or have repairs done. I'm in no way affiliated with them. I just have had the best customer service and best deals if ever found on the WWW.

9. slowride67

Dec 26, 2010
    Southington,CT
    Turbo said it all.no need to go any further

10. slowride67

Dec 26, 2010
    Southington,CT
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.