Considering a lease purchase with Comtrak or Roadlink for local work, any advice?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Truckinfamilyman, Dec 23, 2012.

1. knightyme23

knightyme23 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Charlotte Nc
    New to the forum but I noticed you have a lot of info on comtrak. I Live in the Charlotte nc area and comtrak here is booming. I am trying to go in as an o/o. I am considering the lease purchase as well as finding a tractor on my own and financing through my bank. In your opinion, what do you think of the lease purchase through them. The work is here....year round.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knightyme23

Mar 18, 2014
    Charlotte Nc
    Anyone with info would be highly appreciated. Any and all info on Comtrak.

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Had a friend of a friend who just left comtrak, he tried to stay it out but they had no freight(he ran the rail)

5. truck6677

truck6677 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You stay busy.I been with them for 3 years. I run the rails out of dallas.I leased a07 freightliner.no problem with the note or making a living. No going anywhere.if you work and run when you should work.you will not have a problem.made 30,000$ short of $200,000. Last year.

6. Whitey14243

Whitey14243 Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Moreland, GA
    Comtrak Logistics is now known as Hub Group Trucking! The trucks will begin transitioning the decals over from Comtrak to Hub Group Trucking!

7. knightyme23

Mar 18, 2014
    Charlotte Nc
    Wondering.....After you apply to lease purchase, what is the process like? Do you have good options when selecting a truck? How long is the term? Also wondering what fees you'll have to pay once you obtain your truck.

8. truck6677

Jul 21, 2012
    Depends on what you want in a truck.freightliner are the most responsible. Then Pete's and kw. The term is about 3 to 4 years.I got a reseat lease turn in.most guys here in dallas run freightliner. They run about $ 1000. To 1300$ as long as it its leased to hub you get a discount on your payment so if you leave add about 400$ to the note.most get warranty from. Select dealer.take the note divided by 4 weeks in the month thats your payment.add about $89. For insurance. No Qualcomm fees.months with 5.weeks you pay the weekly note.that goes to the principal. At the end the extra pays off the the lump at the end. Of term. Normally you get refund.I have no problem my payment is 245$ dallas has longer miles.what termail are you looking at

9. knightyme23

Mar 18, 2014
    Charlotte Nc
    I'm Looking at the Charlotte terminals. What fees are there after you get your lease? So are the lease purchase trucks good and road ready once you get them or not?

10. truck6677

Jul 21, 2012
    None just truck note and insurance. No fee for Qualcomm.two dollar for use of fuel card.they don't charge for blow outs. They come from freightliner or peterbuilt and kw.

11. knightyme23

Mar 18, 2014
    Charlotte Nc
    I was told that you have to pay a tax for the states you'll be operating in. Do they set you up with CPA's?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.