Considering ND Oil fields

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by WesternPlains, May 29, 2019.

1. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Things changed after the bust. Drivers were more likely to help each other back then. Now everyone only looks after themselves. It used to be fairly common to ask to jump the line to unload if you were short on hours.

speedyk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The crude drivers have been great to me. I had one use my truck this morning. Made sure he got the truck early. They like early. I like early too. They covered me on a problem with the emergency shutoff or fire protection switch. They really know what they're doing. Like those guys.
    Sunday morning. Got a call from dispatch at 8:40... Geesh! I'm trying to sleep! He had sent me a text ten minutes earlier. I didn't even hear it. He said the customer had complained that I did my calculations all wrong on two 750 barrel tanks. He said he checked and disregard what he sent me text. My calculations all checked out good. Her math is bad. He even checked the tank levels. Where I said I left them. That's where they were. He was so happy with me. Guess that's why he had to call and wake me up. Doh! He said; Welcome to the wonderful world of XXX Oil Field work.

4. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I get 4-5 hours it sleep when working. Just the nature of the game

SavageMuffin and WesternPlains Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm trying to do better on sleep. Been in a state of overtiredness for a month. Couldn't sleep over four hours at a time. One problem was that when I got off at end of four days. I've been driving straight home. Then I couldn't sleep at home. Too overtired. Hurt me all over.
    So this morning I changed it. I went back to motel. Slept for four hours (again it's four). Then drove home. I do feel much better. Feel like going back to sleep.
    I've done night work before. Biggest thing is to get the body clock switched over. Takes a while.

6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I think I just broke my month long overtiredness. ... Went back to sleep at about 1:30pm. Just woke up at 7pm.
    I've worked nights before. Gotta work on getting that body clock changed. I slept good and long then. Can't see any reason I can't now. I can understand people just living with overtiredness. Easy to allow. I can't do that.

SavageMuffin Thanks this.
  7. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    About 2 weeks ago I started work at 5 am on Friday working with our crane crews, got off about 4:30 Saturday afternoon. Sometimes being tired is just part of it. I didn’t have to do any driving though, just rigging.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve gotten to where I’m doing 3 easy. Even when they’re all down over an hour away from yard. Unloading that general area too. Even with a new one I had to scout and find. Easily got back to yard in 11.5 hours. This is working out better.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  9. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Got a call from MBI other morning at 8:30. Woke me up. She said she could call me back later. I said ok. Call back later. She hasn’t called. Don’t think I lost out on anything?
    This one is working out better.
    Even mechanic stopped by while I was unloading. Had to replace a clearance light. I didn’t go over and socialize. When done. He came to the back of truck and asked if anything wrong. Told him I’m a bit frustrated. Midnight and unloading first load. Didn’t even get truck till after 8. Last week running with crude drivers on my days. I would have started on third run by now. So I’m frustrated and pushing it.
    Also admitted to him. Company asked me to start closer to 7 after last week. It’s a logistics thing.

10. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    I’m getting a little frustrated where I’m at as well. I have 2 positions I’m under consideration for, and if the offers are good enough I may take them. Not necessarily because of the work but we’re having management issues and I’m not liking the way it’s looking.

11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I just took out some of my frustration. Other guy is always late. At best just in time.
    So.. started last night an hour late. Came in 45 minutes late. For a grand total of 1 hour 45 minutes late. He’s not a happy camper right now. :cool:

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.