Contract buy out

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by aramil248, May 22, 2017.

1. RenegadeJukebox

RenegadeJukebox Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Let us know how finding local work panned out. Just curious if the smaller local distributors will hire with existing crst contract. Inbox me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    im not under the contract anymore i payed it off

Eazy89 and WeWantGreatness Thank this.
  4. B.F.Herner

B.F.Herner Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2019

5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Your parents payed it off.
    I have a question, everybody seems to think it is fine for a company to spend the bucks to school a guy and get his license for him.
    Then let him beat up a truck, in this guys case 4 trucks, then stiff them with the cost assigned for this.
    Now just about every mega has a school too and are getting stiffed everyday too, do you really think they want to hire guys that couldn't cut it for over 3 or 4 months, trucking is not for everybody and they find this out in a very short time, then decide they don't like being away from home.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. Eazy89

Eazy89 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2021
    I guess it’s not cut out for me either, huh? That’s what you’re saying, right?. Who are you to judge anybody on whatever decisions they choose to make? If an individual feels that CRST isn’t a good fit for them, THAT’S THEIR CHOICE! Contract or no contract! They have to deal with whatever backlash that comes with it, not you! Maybe you like getting pushed around, or slaving over the road for .30 a mile & never or hardly ever being able to go home to see your kids or your family! I’m a father of 5 & .30 a mile isn’t even enough to encourage me to fulfill a contract like that even if they sponsored the training! That’s way below minimum wage if you ask me! You can’t expect to pay someone that amount and think they’re gonna keep working for you. After 10 months, .40 a mile still isn’t enough! Hell, it seems that these mom & pop companies pay way better than these so called “mega companies!” If they’re a multi million dollar or billion dollar company, why can’t they afford to pay their drivers what they’re worth? Why is it that the drivers put out all of the work, but get the short end of the stick when it’s all said & done? Don’t call any driver in your company “family” if they aren’t getting treated as such! If you ran a company as major as CRST, would you pay your “family” .30 a mile KNOWING they have kids, KNOWING they have bills, mortgage, and you think somebody’s gonna continue to drive for that & have to split the miles? You must be smoking that new dope!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.