Contract Freighters, Inc. - Joplin, Mo.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Iceratt, Apr 26, 2006.

1. HockeyDriver

HockeyDriver Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Seligman, MO
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tken

tken Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Ocala, FL
    Yes CFI did just get bought out by ConWay. Should be interesting to see what happens.

My wife Stitches and I were with CFI for a little under 6 months. She was injured when our new T2000 experienced unexplained acceleration in Kansas City that forced me to hit the clutch and brake hard, herniated 3 disks in her neck near the brain stem. KW said it was not the first truck to have that problem.

Anyway, we are now suing CFI for workers comp benefits to cover her medical bills. They were beyond reprehensible in their handling of the injury and in clear violation of several Federal laws. We have won the first round and are hopeful to win finally this fall in court.

Now outside my wife's injuries, I can say that everything they told us and everything that was represented to us was true. We got as many miles as we could run, paid accurately and on time, had a great Fleet Manager and overall enjoyed the experience. I still recommend them for new drivers and especially Central Tech, a totally first class school.

The new Conway should be interesting to see what unfolds and how it effects CFI.

4. amkmike

amkmike Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    been thinking about cfi for awhile, do they have force dispatch and can i refuse a load going into NYC

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Yes you can. But your next trip will be to Joplin, MO to turn your truck in...and a nice remark on your DAC.

6. HockeyDriver

HockeyDriver Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Seligman, MO
    Pretty much, the only way you can EVER get non-force dispatch is if you're an Owner/Operator...Don't know too many company drivers who're gettin that.

7. Steve & Lo

Steve & Lo Medium Load Member

May 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Now would actually be a good time to get on board @ CFI.....With the Con-way buyout......they will be switching their operations over to support only Con-way....and that means they will be doing away with all or most of their crap loads......mostly, they will be running terminal to terminal for Con-way.....eventually they will only haul Con-way loads. Gonna turn into a pretty good job.....if you can live by the Con-way rules.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Fill us in on the rules ;)

About banking days? Will they still allow that?
    How about the XM? I know they're discussing dropping that.
    What happened to the stars? Gone now?
    HazMat.... how long are they giving the guys without it, to get it.
    Base pay, and expected raises per year or what?
    Home time?
    What about the drivers who had 20+ days banked? Were they allowed to retain those days?
    Are they going to make OTR drivers bid for lanes?

What I want to do. Revisit this issue in 6 months, and see how many of the older drivers with 5+ years or more, are still with them.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good. Since CFI currently does a lot of hauling for K-Mart, they won't be hauling that junk anymore.

10. Steve & Lo

Steve & Lo Medium Load Member

May 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    Dance694u......I'm on the outside lookin' in now....just like everyone else. BUT....after working for Con-way for 11 years, I know how they operate and how they think...... The biggest rule that will come down the pike.....
    NO SMOKING IN (TRUCKS)OR ON CON-WAY PROPERTY!!
    That rule went into effect @ the first of the year.....and a lot of the drivers are having some difficulty these days. They gave them a buffer time...until they started cracking down....that was up last month. A buddy of mine that chews told his boss if he had to give up chewing he would have to find another job....His boss told him that he still had some time....the company will even pay for the patches, pills, etc. that anyone needs to quit.... But they are serious about it. You have to leave the property to smoke.....You can't even smoke in YOUR car in the parking lot.

Log it the way you do it....or you will leave.

I'm just guessing....but they will probably let the guys that have the days take them......they will probably be given a deadline for using them.

The Con-way vacation policy is very good.....2 wks starting out....3wks after 8 yrs.... 4wks after (12)

They did do away with sick days......they now give you 5 Personal Days per year......basically another week of vacation.

There are lots of rules......but, if you stick with it.....and give it a chance....you'll find that it will turn into one of the best jobs in the industry.

11. driver28str

driver28str Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2007
    LEESVILLE,SC
    Hello just wanted to share my experiance with CFI my wife and I teamed with them and we left them to persue something different in expediting anyway we where always treated with respect and paid what they said they whould they do not try to cheat you out of your bonuses if you earned it you will get it with CFI . they give you a feeling as if you are part of their family and your family is theirs they never failed in the 1.5 years I drove for them to get me home for a family emergency. We always had great miles and good equipment they dont try to take the cheap way out they get it done right the first time I would recommend this company to husband and wife teams and the news of them mergin with conway truckload miles will only get better there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.