Contracts vs. Law pt1

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ttnae, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Not all contracts are binding or enforceable, even if you agree to them. But the cost of getting to the point to have that decided on as to whether or not it is enforceable could very well overshadow the benefit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Agreement, capacity, consideration, and intention. Those are the elements that make a contract valid.

4. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    We'll see what happens, but my feeling is if you have not paid me then you have violated the contract/ agreement and all the terms within it are now void.

User666 and TallJoe Thank this.
  5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Intrastate is a PITA. Who paid the freight? Prepaid(shipper) or collect(receiver)? Just call and ask if there is a problem with the load, don't threaten to bill them , you haven't been paid by the broker. That should get you a screaming response in a very short time. I actually enjoy the responses that gets from everyone.

If it's a small place, when you call ask for their legal dept. That will get you a long pause as they get the head person on the phone. Again don't threaten them yet, just ask what the problem is.

I save this kind of thing up until i have a bad day. Makes me feel better. LOL

User666, p608, 062 and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    Good point. Most people don't even know that surety bonds DON'T cover INTRAstate moves. I have ONE intrastate authority and I only make moves with brokers I trust very well on said authority. Everything else is interstate.

7. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    Personally, I think clauses like these hold value to certain customers because the brokers can use it as a selling point when soliciting them. The broker can give them the angle of falling on the sword form them so to speak. If their customer thinks they're getting the heat taken off them and putting it onto the brokers that could be an enticing bonus. Especially if they're thinking they can use the broker and the fall guy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.