Convoy to D.C. ????

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by BigDiesel, Apr 26, 2008.

1. freightmaster

freightmaster Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    pucky huddle,mo.
    Bookmark this thread and come back here in six months, then repeat that statement! If you are are a trucker and still making a good living I will admit I was wrong...
    As for you YODA, In my opinion , you have a totally different agenda! If anyone looks at your post history it will be very apparent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yoda

yoda Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Brundidge, Al
    I cant help but wonder what my supposed secret agenda is...LOL

I am the same YODA who has spoken out on trucking issues over the radio on wlw for 15 years now, The same one who is an all to frequent voice over the XM radio on the truckers channel 171 open road on the Truckin Bozo's show, the same one who with several friends started the Luau in Louisville that has become an annual truckers party in the parking lot at Poppa Johns Stadium.

Many of my posts on the internet in the OOIDA members only forums for instance are made under "the 48th Ronin" an INTERNET nic that goes back about 20 years....

I have my own web site and blog that I do not spam. I contribute to several non trucking forums on free trade, morality, and religion. Google finds me easily enough in many places saying many things, all of which I believe and feel free to express....

So enjoy the agenda, or disagree with it, it has always been there and the only changes in it represent growth in thought not redirection .

This forum is not mine, nor is it about me, but feel free to EXPOSE the real me you fear so much.... or in plain words.....YOUR POINT IS?

4. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    The convoy is about to get interesting, or comical.

I'm not sure which??

Congress is going to speak to them...their (congress) words not mine.

I can hardly wait for the camara and the mics to spotlight Bubba, P-Diddy, or Toothless for public consumption.

I'll watch as long as I'm home.

5. iowabmw

iowabmw Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Quad Cities, IA
    I wish I could watch it, but I am sitting in the lobby of a my Mechanic waiting to get my truck fixed! I just gave them $8k for repairs last week, including a DOT inspection and do you think they could catch a fuel leak?

6. tr4nqued

tr4nqued Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    It is somewhat accurate to say that Americans don't care about something unless it directly impacts them. When most Americans hear that truckers are suffering because of high fuel prices, they don't care too much about it, not enough to actually do something about it. This is because, if you aren't a trucker, then what happens to truckers doesn't impact you. However, when truckers go on strike, then they can help Americans see what things are like. When Americans go to the store and there is no bread, then it impacts them. And that helps Americans get upset and start trying to do something about the problem. As long as the truckers are carrying the whole weight of the increased fuel prices, then they will be alone in their efforts to bring about change. But if truckers help to pass on some of that weight of the increased fuel prices, then other Americans will join in the call for government action for the people against the oil companies.

Right now the government favors oil companies over the people. That is because the people are not yet up in arms about the oil prices. This is because Americans are not yet feeling the full weight of the increased fuel prices, because that weight is being carried by the truckers. If the truckers decide to pass on some of that weight by refusing to haul, then Americans will start to feel more of the weight when the store shelves are empty, and this will help to bring Americans to the effort of putting pressure on the government.

For this reason, it is not that truckers are trying to get Congress to hear them with the strike. It is more that truckers are trying to get the rest of America to realize what is going on, and to join them in the demand for government to switch sides, from the oil companies to the people.

And as the demand from the people gets louder and angrier, the government will have a choice, to either switch sides and start supporting the people, or to suppress the resulting insurrection of the people if they don't switch sides.

So I think truckers are absolutely right to strike, shut down, slow down, or whatever they can do to help pass on the increased fuel prices to the rest of America. That is the only way there will be change.

7. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    About as well as ours caught a Freon leak, after putting it back together LOL.

Tired and Hot = pi###d off trucker

I'm like a dispatcher..I want results, not excuses when the temps creep above 65 degrees.

8. iowabmw

iowabmw Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Quad Cities, IA
    Exactly! I chewed their ##### from top to bottom that I had my truck in here for a week, paid $8k in repairs and when I get home I noticed last night that I had a fuel leak, that was obvioulsy been leaking!! I made them pull my truck in first thing this morning even after hearing all their excuses about being busy and get to work on it...

My A/C will be fixed on the next service! lOL

I figure I can survive for another 10k miles! Heck it was snowing here today in Iowa!!

9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Can you say Hugo Chaveaz ???

Actually you are wrong. Our Government has never sided with the oil industry. And it has cost them BILLIONS of dollars in loses.

I'll give you a few examples.

Saudi Arabia, nationalized the oil industry in the 70's. In other words they SEIZED the assests of American Oil companies in their country.

Brazil and several other South American countries SEIZED the assests of American Oil Companies doing business in their countries.

Where was our government when any of this happened? Most likely smoking crack, and chasing 15 year olds in the bedroom.

I guess it would make sense to sieze our own assests. That way the Goobermint would be able to balance the budget for a week. Maybe.

10. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Good thing Washington's Continental Army didn't have your point of view.
    Or our soldiers at Guadalcanal, Peleliu, Bastogne, the Battle of the Bulge, etc.
    If not us, who? If not now, when?
    TYRANNY SUCKS! MARXISM SUCKS! COMMUNISM SUCKS!
    It's TIME!
    Love the way the "people" (retirees, truckers, farmers, veterans and people of all walks of life and backgrounds) have joined in with us with their four wheelers, campers, classic trucks and farm vehicles. This is a PEOPLE'S movement and only those brave enough and willing to make a SACRIFICE are going to get involved. Just like our predecessors in the Revolutionary war - this is what I see as the Second American Revolution - against ALL the TYRANY! END the TYRANNY!

11. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    You do realize this thread is 14 years old right?

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.