Conway Team OTR

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by TruckDuo, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    My wife and I graduated in March. Been with US Xpress since. We have about 3 months of OTR experience.

Would Conway hire us ?

Do they allow two small dogs ?

Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hammertyme

Hammertyme Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    What happened with usx ?

4. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    They may hire you now, but it might be 6months -- check with a recruiter. And yes they allow dogs (you'll earn 1cpm less to cover fuel costs for keeping them cool, but you'll get it back every quarter you meet mpg standards).

5. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL

We are still with the company. Con Way has better pay and benefits. We are looking into our options.

6. MarKim

MarKim Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2013
    were you allowed to take two dogs with you at US Xpress

7. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    They allow one. We can take her with starting in July.

8. MarKim

MarKim Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2013
    we went up for our orintation in Markham and we were told before we went by our recruiter Dave that we could take all 3 of our dogs he even came to our house and then once we got up in Markham found out we could only take one I had quit my job got my CDL and my husband quit hi
    s job he already had his CDL so we turned around and came back home

9. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    The problem is no one at this company knows the policies. My recruiter said after 150 hours of training and so did the terminal manager then when it came time to register my dog..... I'm told we have to wait till July. After eight weeks of teaming with my wife. Left hand does not know what the right hand doing.

10. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Light Load Member

May 2, 2011
    Bridgeville, DE
    As far as I know it, you can each have one dog, you will be charged a $300, non-refundable pet deposit for each dog. You will also be dinged .01/per mile for each/per year, that will be refunded as long as your mileage is above 6.5mpg( not hard to do unless you're super careless). You will miss out on some loads as pets are not allowed in the petro-chemical plants and some food grade facilities, though some look the other way or make one person stay at the gate with the pet(s) in a crate. I worked there for two years, and have seen many drivers with more than one dog/cat.

11. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    not trying to be a douche,but do you realize how cramped a truck cab would be with 2 people and 3 dogs? May want to reconsider this scenario IF you find a company willing to let you take 3 dogs out with you. I would also imagine that 3 dogs scurrying about the cab would make it even harder to sleep (and sleeping in a moving truck,from what I'm told, is pretty hard as it is). "Any-who", Good luck in your travels and stay safe!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.