Conway Update

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by lazow1md, Apr 13, 2009.

1. roadmann5150

roadmann5150 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2009
    do you truck load guys even take a shower most of you guys do not even have any teeth

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    Nope, but our division turns a profit

4. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95

The scenario you have described is impossible. The board does not, never has, and never will work that way. That is an impossible situation you have tried to turn into fact. It never has, could not, and never will happen.

Besides, the issue here goes way beyond transmissions - this is about LTL industry standards - 80-100K per year line jobs going down the tubes.

5. QBall3577

QBall3577 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    If you take a look around you will see EVERYONE has taken a cut somewhere.. some in pay, others in equipment, and many if not all in miles. So the fact that truckload has driven you guys into the ground I think is a copout.

To say that the anger is and should be directed at the company and not us as a whole is correct but, as someone else said, we only haul a fraction of LTL's freight. I can't count how many times we were assigned to haul LTL's freight to find other companies trucks in greater numbers than ours (landspan, CRST, and England to name a few) hooking and unhooking in the yards. So to say we are the problem is grossely an understatement. I think it could be stated in a less finger pointing way...

"LTL is obtaining more cheap contracts because it costs less to haul it than to have their own people haul it. "

Someone said it best.. it all comes down to money, and it's not us thats taking the freight from you guys because our side charges more to haul it than the companies listed above... and that's a fact.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.