cooking with a george foreman

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by tmb0507, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    I've run one a few times. But it pops the breaker if you run that and the microwave at the same time. I believe I was running a 1750w inverter at the time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Seems messy. Where do you clean the grill???
    I just pre cook a bunch of food at home. Pack it in 1 serving quart ziplock bags. I freeze them flat. Meatloaf, ziti, stirfry, steak, chicken, all kinds of things. Then I turn my fridge as low as it will go and fill the little freezer and the shelf next to the freezer. The frozen stuff stays frozen even in fhe fridge. then I just heat u p meals in the microwave. Tonight I had broccoli and meat loaf. Last night I had steak and onions and peppefs on a baked potato. I think ill have ziti tomorrow night. I may eat in the resturant once or twice a week .....
    I have a 12v coleman cooler where I keep fruit, veggies, soda, water, salad, ect cold.
    I eat better on the road then when im home.... lol

4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Mine works on a 2500 w inverter. A short extension cord & set it on the catwalk. Line the grease tray with foil & just wipe the grill itself down with paper towels as it starts to cool.

5. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Small foreman only draws 700 watts at least mine anyway . I cook steaks grilled cheese chicken pork . for the grilled cheese I just leave the top up and use the bottom burner you can cook pretty much any meat you want on it

6. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    id ont use a formena grill. i precook my meals at home throw them in litld 2qt containers and micorwave them. 700W micorwave and mini dorm fridge. works great on a 1800W inverter

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I've used the lunch box ovens for years. Have cooked chicken breasts, small roasts and just used to warm other things. I did't use those foil pans but if you like them you can get them a lot cheaper at walmart. I used the clear plastic oven bags for most of my cooking. Worked good for me.

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    It's true that if you are cooking meats on the Foreman you will get a lot of grease dripping off it. For that reason I would hesitate to cook meats in the truck.

Vegetables in the Foreman are outstanding. Cleanup is a simple wipe of the grill and you are done, with no oil or grease to clean up.

The BEST potatoes are done on the Foreman. What I do is steam a batch of baking potatoes, then keep them in the cooler. Then slice them about 1/4" thick and put them on the grill. Without butter or oil you end up with the full taste of the potato, which I've discovered is amazing. You also get the benefit of the skins for more nutrients. By far the best way to cook potatoes.

9. GrabbinGears10_4

GrabbinGears10_4 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Chicken on the George Foreman with McCormick montreal seasoning is the best. Eat it like that or cut up and add mayo for chicken salad the next day. Get thin sliced meat for any truck cooking - cooks fast

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    If you dont clean up after yourself I could see where you might have a problem.

Hurst

11. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    I have used one for years in the truck. easy to clean with a little soapy water from a gallon jug and paper towels. grease drips in the little catch tray that come with it. never had an issue with popping the inverter breaker, but I run a 2500 watt inverter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.