coolant bubbling back into bottle

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by smalltimetrucking, Mar 21, 2011.

1. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    I think I'll junk yard the truck or just the engine sooner than let Cat open it and fix it... 250ppm is actually manageable i think. the oil was already old. I don't know whats the RATE of coolant leak into oil or how the coolant sealers have/will affect coolant getting in oil. At 250ppm the oil looks exactly normal and smells normal. I know a guy who drove 7months with 950ppm of sodium in oil before fixing the engine (and the engine performed the whole time - never broke)...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simon999

simon999 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I agree. You gonna kill bearings

4. Longhood379

Longhood379 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Cremona AB
    Did anyone suggest isolating (remove the air outlet hose, test for bubbles, hook 120psi shop air to the governor redo the bubble test,ie either of these solve the bubbles R&R the compressor) the air compressor from the system to make sure the the bubbles and coolant are not coming from the compressor head.

5. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    omg, i should really try that, just no idea how. will see if i can figure it out. I don't even know where my governor is lol. My move was to do coolant analysis, see if exhaust gets mixed into it and rule out compressor vs engine that way. amazon kit for $20 would tell if its exhaust bubbles: http://www.amazon.com/Great-Neck-OE...6016&sr=8-3&keywords=combustion+leak+detector

um, coolant sealant worked. I used all three Bars Leaks from head gasket sealant to radiator sealant to tablets (clay with something) in various amounts lol. 1500mi not a drop of coolant lost but still get bubbles in coolant. i'm just counting my blessings at this point lol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  6. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    just unhook the air line from the compressor and run to see if it still bubbles.

serozhah Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.