Coolant is Coolant?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by JonJon78, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Roger.B1240

Roger.B1240 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    archaic use of the word

Compleat definition is - having all necessary or desired elements or skills :
    Definition of COMPLEAT
    So....I bought a $135,000.00 2020 Pete and choose to use tap water from a rubber hose to top off my cooling system although the Mfg said Do Not Use ordinary household water. LOL

Back in 1964 my dad would put water in his truck and mix in a green liquid and his truck was always overheating on those 110 degree days in Texas.

86scotty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roger.B1240

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    Brite is a word Trademarked by a cleaning detergent company.

[​IMG]

4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    That’s a brand, not a word as in from a dictionary. I’m sure you see my point.

It’s a clever spelling of bright to stand out.

USXpress. There’s another. Is xpress a word?

Roger.B1240 Thanks this.
  5. Roger.B1240

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    Fake words are simply made up words that appear to be real, but actually don't exist and don't have any meaning. That is called nonsense. Nonsense. noun. nonsense words or sounds seem like ordinary words but they have no meaning.

Unless you you are the creator of content posted on Youtube, LOL
    Rush - YYZ (HQ)

6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    O lordy I didn’t know thase soo miny englush majurs n truck’no_O

86scotty Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I had a problem with the red Texaco brand, years ago when it first came out. I think it was the same as GMs Dex cool. Truck sat for 4 months, it gelled up. Went back to green with distilled up until recently. Last few yrs it’s been Peak pre mix final charge. So far so good. Just changed out original 20 tr old radiator. Final charge seems good, but it’s low phosphate, not no phosphate. Seems no phosphate and no nitrate would be best. It always tests good though. Never had to add any supplements. Just changed radiator and used new final charge again. I was told that “Truck” antifreeze has more anti foaming agents, or something that keeps cavitation down.I don’t know if that’s true. But after blowing 2 head gaskets on my Last Detroit. First time about 500k Repaired by Detroit, with a new head. Then again at 825, causing the liner to drop. I’m playing it safe,

Roger.B1240 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.