Cooler/fridge and cooking question

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Driver91, Aug 26, 2017.

1. AubieDoc87

AubieDoc87 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Florida
    Www.truckfrige.com has some good portable fridges for cheaper than some of the competitors. I just ordered the TB-31. I’ll do a full review after I’ve had it for a few months. They claim to use great compressors and the lot. May be better than the Engel price wise.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  4. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    I do the 5 days out with day cab. Sleep in hotels. All the rooms have a fridge freezer 99% of the time. You could carry up your 12v cooler toss all the food in fridge. Either use microwave in the room or get one of those burners that plug into the wall.

I had a koolatron 12v fridge with heat pipe technology. Did good on road.

5. traderpats

traderpats Light Load Member

May 24, 2013
    Oregon
    I'm using both the ARB and the Engle brand of 12v (also dual 120V) of cooler / freezers. Although they do cost a bit, they've been absolutely reliable for years now. If you want something that's going to last then spend the coin and be done with it.

Between the two makers I would go with the ARB though just for the digital controls. These things are rock solid and at the price point where you get the outstanding reliability w/o unnecessary bells and whistles.

As for a cooker......those black lunchbox cookers work well. One meal I cook is a frozen chicken breast, along with some raw veggies, wrapped in foil. Time varies depending on size of breast. Comes out great though. Or some canned chili with a hot dog cut up in it, etc. Lots of meals to work with....

krupa530 and uncleal13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.