Copart / junk car traffic

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by NuCar Carrier, Dec 3, 2020.

1. NuCar Carrier

NuCar Carrier Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    I've been seeing alot more of these loads lately mostly running west to east on Interstate 80 thru Ohio. 9 even 10 car loads. Considering the effort needed to load this many inops are rates that good or what?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Copart is huge. I watched an auction one day and there were bidders from Dubai, Nigeria, etc. They eat up any luxury car or 4wd.

NuCar Carrier Thanks this.
  4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Friend of mine does mostly salvage. The stuff inbound to the recyclers pays almost spot buy money.

5. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    We used to do non runners on our 10 car trucks. Have installed winches above the tandems on the tractor. Because they pay awesome. Now we also have 4 car rollbacks.

Attached Files:

6. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I can only remember hauling just a couple Copart loads. What I do remember is the rates were pretty good, but getting loaded was a PIA and very time consuming.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I was on dedicated account 2015-2018 from chicagoland to nj weekly , usually 2-3 pick ups and 1 drop off , if you know what you doing - its very good and easy , no inspection needed , just 4 pics , knew all forklift operators personally . Unloading was at the shipping yard , even easier than loading ...
    But if you going for pu and drops different places and customers - not worth it , too much wasted time and people don't know how to unload those non runners

Lite bug Thanks this.
  8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    This, I run them as hotshot on a flat deck lowboy so easy to load/unload but 9 out of 10 times the end customer never had the right equipment to unload. I've driven multiple cars off the trailer missing wheels because they had no equipment to unload but luckily it still ran and drove. So I'd just drive them down the ramps luckily no issues so far......

The conclusion I've come to with copart, is if it says "operable" it simply means the car will start but doesn't mean it has all the wheels.. I tend to shy away from them for that reason unless I can't find anything else. No experience with them at the ports though, I think you have to drain the fuel from them if I'm not mistaken and I don't want to deal with that hassle.

NuCar Carrier and Tall Mike Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.