Copilot Truck GPS app

Discussion in 'Millis' started by kewphotog, Feb 22, 2015.

1. kewphotog

kewphotog Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Dacula, Ga
    Is anyone on board with Millis using the Copilot Truck GPS app on their iPad or Tablet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CruisingAlong

CruisingAlong Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Tampa , FL
    I do on ipad and like it. Many times it doesn't know the exact address, but the routing has been spot on.

jmroadhog Thanks this.
  4. kewphotog

Sep 30, 2014
    Dacula, Ga
    Do you drive for Millis?

5. CruisingAlong

CruisingAlong Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Tampa , FL
    I'll give you 3 guesses who I drive for :)

6. kewphotog

Sep 30, 2014
    Dacula, Ga
    Lol, I figured..... I was hoping to hear from fellow Millis Drivers. Guess I'll just have to contact the safety depart to see if it's okay to use.

7. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I used to use it on my iphone when I worked for Millis. I had a lot of my stops saved in it too. If copilot couldn't find an address I used google and waze to find it then looked for it in copilot. The traffic add on saved me several times. I like that it looked 100 miles out.

8. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    uh... what?

Why would you contact safety? And why would they have an issue with you using it?

Unless you're using it with your phone in front of your face or constantly stare at it instead of the road, they don't care.

9. Harleys4Life

Harleys4Life Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Madison, NC
    There's always the good old Rand McNally atlas...*takes cover from the GPS crowd throwing stuff at me* ...lol

kewphotog and L.B. Thank this.
  10. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I use a rand McNally too. I come from an aviation background so I'm just used to having a gps on all the time. Now that I'm local I leave the waze app up all the time just acquire points. I'm like 49 all time points in the state of GA. These short routes get boring.

11. simpleman78

simpleman78 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2015
    This is a post I put up on a different thread. I hope reposting it doesn't violate any forum rules:

I own the Garmin 760 dezl and thus far like it. I've used Garmin products in the past and have found them accurate and reliable. However, one must make sure that common sense prevails. My favorite routing software was Microsoft Streets and Trips running on my ThinkPad linked to an older Garmin GPSIV. Since Microsoft discontinued that software it's become hard to find and expensive when you do.
    In addition to the Garmin 760 I recently picked up a Samsung tablet at Walmart, on sale. They had 4 Samsung tablets all which contain GPS chips. I downloaded 4 different apps that all provide offline maps (maps stored on the device).
    Maybe it's a little excessive or redundant, but I like having a back up and alternative routing options. Also different software tends to offer different POI's (points of interest ). This is one area where Streets and Trips excelled.
    Before I get mobbed, yes I can read a map, road as well as topo. And plot a course on both. But when time is money you spend your time wisely as its a non renewable resource.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.