Core-Mark

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by localguy65, Nov 1, 2018.

1. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Mclane closed the driver trainee position i was going to apply for in the next couple of weeks after I get my CDL.

Core-Mark has a DC close to my house with driver positions open.

Anyone know what the starting pay would be roughly with No experience?

The listing doesn't mention anything about experience. Also tried calling their HR department with No luck.

Thank you for your time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jay M

Jay M Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2017
    NorCal
    I just had an interview with them yesterday and am supposed to be going back later this afternoon for a road test and potential job offer if all goes well. Pay depends on your area and type of account so i can only speak on the position I interviewed for which was for their 7-Eleven account. Starting pay for that during training is $23/hr + OT. Training is approx 3wks long then once you graduate from that, you'll be moved to a different pay scale (stop, cube, mile). I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head but if they're willing to pay $23/hr + OT during my training period then my assumption would be that the earning potential once i'm out of training would be much higher (I hope).

localguy65 Thanks this.
  4. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    Awesome!

Do you have experience?

What DC did you interview at?

Thank you.

5. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    They were hurihi here in Buffalo NY, was always curious about what they did.

6. Jay M

Jay M Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2017
    NorCal
    I do have route delivery and trucking experience but the job posting didn't specifically state experience as a prerequisite. Just a valid CDL, a clean driving record, and the ability to lift 50lbs or more. This was for their DC in Sacramento, CA.

localguy65 Thanks this.
  7. Shep Shiloh

Shep Shiloh Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2008
    IN
    I filled out an app last Dec., got called twice by a recruiter(who said they'd call back to schedule an interview and never did). Best of luck to you.

localguy65 Thanks this.
  8. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    Anyone know if core-Mark does an agility / strength test?
    If so, do they check blood pressure afterwards?

Thank you.

9. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    Update for anyone in the future.

They do not do any sort of agility or strength test. They had me do a road test, then a DOT drug screen and a short physcial (non dot).

10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Hope it goes well, their hiring process out here is pretty... Californian. I didn't have a profile on their site, I had a "presence" or something like that. All the flowers in the world didn't cover up their HR being a disorganised mess.

localguy65 Thanks this.
  11. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    Do you currently work for them or did in the past?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.