CoreMark and Circle K

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Cat3TRD, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Cat3TRD

Cat3TRD Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Hey guys,
    I work for CoreMark in San Antonio and we have an exclusive contract with Corner Store gas stations. They just let us know that Corner Store was bought by Circle K and also mentioned that CoreMark handles Circle K in other markets, so it's pretty likely we'll still be handling this new account.
    Are there any CoreMark drivers that work on the Circle K account that can give some insight on the general process of how your deliveries go? Just want to see if there's going to be some sort of procedural differences coming up.
    We have a pretty basic system now. Product is on plastic pallets in the trailer, we break it down for each stop onto our dolly and run it into the store. Typically as we're going, the clerk will be counting items as they go in and will sign off on the count being right at the end. Most of the dry goods are in case quantities and the small/fragile stuff is in blue totes with closable lids. The milk is the same way, 4 gallons to a milk crate and small stuff in blue totes. Frozen stuff the same, cases and blue totes with delicate ice cream.
    Sound like the same routine?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I delivered beer to Circle K here in C-Town. I never had a problem dealing with Circle K the people were usually pretty nice. They check it in make sure it's all there that's about it.

Cat3TRD Thanks this.
  4. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    Mike2633 and Cat3TRD Thank this.
  5. Cat3TRD

Cat3TRD Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I could be an indicator of future plans. Interesting.

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
  7. Cat3TRD

Cat3TRD Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2014
    CoreMark probably also gets a lot of complaints...

truck_guy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  8. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    I used to hear gripes from a manager at the Circle K I often stop at for a 69 cent polar pop on my way in, when McLane used to service them before.
    He saw my shirt and said 'You work for that xxxxing company???'
    'Umm yeah. Same thing, but different.'

Mike2633 and Big Don Thank this.
  9. DraeBeEasy

DraeBeEasy Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Everybody will have their complaints regardless of company/vendor...

Good luck to mclane trying to squeeze that 53' in a circle K lot

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  10. DraeBeEasy

DraeBeEasy Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2014
    We had a guy from coke recently go over to Coremark, found it odd because the $$ I hear isn't anywhere compared to what we do at coke but the drop n go aspect n no merchandising is very attractive so guess you gotta give up some to get some

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Coremark here in C-Town has mostly 28' trailers and I see a straight truck running around as well, I don't know if they only have 1 straight truck or more then 1, but I see there 28' trailers and the straight truck on a fairly regular basis.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.