corrective lenses

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 23YearoldTrucker, Jun 25, 2015.

1. 23YearoldTrucker

23YearoldTrucker Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    ok i got my dot physical done , and they put corrective lenses. so i got glasses and went to the dmv and they put it on my license as a restriction so my question is if i get caught driving without glasses on what will happen? do i have to wear glasses in my personal car as well?

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

You can get a ticket if they stop you. If you dont have your glasses on just tell them your wearing contacts they probably wouldnt question it. But if you need glasses then its probably a good idea that you wear them when you drive dont you think? It will also help you from getting headaches due to eye strain

4. morr2fab

morr2fab Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Don't worry about it, I have the same thing. They are not going to stop you because your not wearing your glasses, How would they know? Just keep them close just in case you do something that would cause them to pull you over. Truck On :)

5. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Short answer , you'll get a ticket , it's a restriction comply to it. Yes , your CDL's are your drivers license.

Bout Z Thanks this.
  6. Bout Z

Bout Z Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2015
    so. ohio
    At least have a pair with you at all times. Even if they're just reading glasses. If your inspected, or stopped at the scales for any reason, they will ask to see them if its on your license and med card. This has been my experience.
    I know guys who have been parked up until their wives brought them a pair of glasses, could make for a long day depending on where you are. And of course you may get a ticket.
    If your involved in an accident with no corrective lenses, well.....better to just wear your glasses.:cool:

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    they don't need to question it.... at1- 2 ft. they can look at your eyes and SEE THEM

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Me, I need glasses to see clearly at distance. I could drive without glasses, but many signs would be too blurry to make out. So, it only makes sense to have a spare pair. Things happen, glasses break, lenses fall out, and being on the road and far from home, I would be miserable for days driving without glasses waiting to get home or trying to avoid getting new glasses on the road.

At least carry your recent Rx with you to avoid exam costs if you do find yourself in need of quick replacement glasses. Some Walmarts can get you fixed up pretty quick in a pinch.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  9. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Wrong. I wear contact lenses, anytime I'm stopped, after reviewing my license, that usually is the first question I'm asked. 'Wheres your glasses?' Then I explain I have contacts, and most officers will shine a light in my eyes to verify it.

And they WILL cite you for not wearing them

10. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    They can also cite you for not having a second pair. That's a dot rule as well.

11. FuzzFace2

FuzzFace2 Medium Load Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Angier, N.C.
    That is the best answer I have heard so far. Also carry a pair of glasses for when you cant wear contacts.

Where is this rule? Can you post it up here for all to see?
    Dave ----

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.