Co's generally accepted as "good"?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rry6961, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mike4104tx

mike4104tx Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You should be able to get a good job with a degree in finance. You may have to relocate, but there should be jobs out there. The college you graduated from may have a job placement or offer classes for the capstone experience.

The sheep skin opens all kinds of doors for you... and it dont have to be in your chosen degree.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rry6961

rry6961 Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    merrill lynch offered me a job in their call center. i would have to pass the series 7 within 3 months or be fired. after a year or two there i could move up but i dont even want to do it. i could also do sales. not what i am looking for. i want some type of analyst job or something with no customer service or sales aspect to it

4. Thumper101

Thumper101 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2007
    roehl or averrit might be the 2 best for your situation. schnieder crst and swift I think are at the bottom of the barrel I was on the road for 25+ years and heard a lot of good from averrit drivers and roehl. I trained for swift for 4 years and UsXpress for a few months but US runs east more than I care for so I quit them. Since you live in FL you would be ok with that but know this FL is hard to get freight out of and you may have some problems on that end of it. Good luck to you and be careful out there

5. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Whoever you sign up with will probably require you to attend thier orientation at a particular place. Scneider used to make you go to Charlotte, Nc. That may have changed, they mostly want all the eggs in one basket. drive55cat

6. mike4104tx

mike4104tx Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Hey Thumper... with all your years experience, if you don't mind me asking, what is the average income of a company driver OTR with 5+ years experience?

7. Thumper101

Thumper101 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2007
    sorry I took so long to get back to you around 40,000 + some might make a little over 50,000 but usually around 44-46,000 is what I was making just depends on how hard you want to run

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.