Cost for C15 Gold Inframe?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by ahmadali04, Feb 3, 2012.

1. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    I suggest you take to a shop that knows what they are doing. Your shop clearly does not.

Great engines if put together correctly.
    Cats especially don't like shoddy workmanship. They have to be put together with exact specs and tolerances such as liner protrusion and head and block decks perfect. Do that and they run a long long time.

If you like spending lots extra money and having repeated down time then keep bringing to these cheap ### repair places that tell you they know what they are doing....

Do your homework and bring it to someone who ACTUALLY does know what they are doing.

rollin coal and Heavyd Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DonM

DonM Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Southeastern USA

Shop number one owes you a lot of money, for out of design reassembly, and any out of pocket problems you had related to hot spots in the heads, and blown head gasket associated problems. I'm sure that caused a warped head, and probably valve and camshaft problems. I hope you had it documented that the mechanic that found the heads put back on without grommets. You should tell Caterpillar corporate about this. Please tell the forum what shop put the heads back on without the grommets. After hearing this I wouldn't let them change a tire.

This is an EMD Service instruction, but the info and pricipals are the same. Patent US3156224 - Head gasket for diesel engine

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.