Cost of shutting down.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by buckawsomeshot, Dec 3, 2019.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The worst is when ur on hometime and u wake up in the morning and have to pee, trying to hold it so i can make it to the truck stop. Oh yeah im at home lol bathroom right down the hall. The life of a trucker is a difficult one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I so seldom take more than a day to unwind, it was just the other night I woke up groping for a dasani bottle. Wait a minute...the wife is over there, that means....yup, potty is only 6 steps away!
    I know there's that country song about sleeping single in a double bed, I wonder if she'd bother singing about sleeping double in a single bed? The only way to know for sure I'm not on the truck is how close we are to one another.

Flat Earth Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    ^^^winner^^^^^

AModelCat and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Not -I used to run reefer & never needed one. 34 years and not one time.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    JMon Thanks this.
  6. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    If they are running you that tight you are with the wrong company.
    Do the office people use a bottle??

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I don't think it's necessarily laziness, more like, it's probably a huge hassle finding a shower. And for the most part, these people rarely deal with any other people, it's not like coming to the office in dirty clothes and smelling. Also, trucking is generally a dirty job, it doesn't attract super models. The pee thing, same thing. You know what a hassle it is just getting off the highway today? You can waste an hour, even risk someone running into you, and since exit ramps are off limits now, a pee bottle is the only choice. What happens to those contents is anyones guess. I've said it before, you want office cleanliness in the trucking industry, you're asking for a lot. In the 35 years, I can name on one hand how many truck stop showers I took. I stayed regional so I could shower at home, and didn't have to deal with that ilk.

8. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    There’s no excuse to smell like a filthy animal.

autopaint, PE_T, Tx Countryboy and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Honestly, I sometimes still am amazed these things still happen. The average trucker will fuel at least every other day. You at least used to get a shower credit for 50 gallons bought. It takes about 15 minutes. No need to stink as an OTR driver. As to the other thing, I used to use SOMETHING LIKE THIS when I drove and disposed of my urine and washed it out. Urine is not a biohazard, it just stinks. No point in making urine bombs. Yes, unfortunately, some meds can cause excessive urination. Then add to this the fact the average trucker takes coffee via IV you are going to time to time need to go. It is part of being human just like flatulence!

TravR1 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. buckawsomeshot

buckawsomeshot Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2019
    So maybe its the Soldier in me that cant get over this. I would make a troops life a living hell if they were a dirty bird not showering for days and using piss bottles to save a 200 yard walk. While deployed we lived in what is basically a shipping container with a heater and the bathrooms/ showers being a few hundred yards away. The only time i condoned the use of a piss bottle was on a long convoy or patrol where stopping to take a piss could have life threatening results.

autopaint and AModelCat Thank this.
  11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You’re in for a rude awakening.
    Look them up when you get the chance.
    Neckbeards
    Hikikomori
    Herbivore men
    N.E.E.T.(not in employment, education or training)

There is a huge percentage of the population who thought that they could go through life smoking weed and playing video games. They lived in their grandmother’s basement because even their own mom can’t stand them. Suddenly, grandma passes and neckbeards now needs a place to stay. Then they find out that they can live in the sleeper. And play their video game.

Now, these guys didn’t bathe in grandma’s house, why should they bathe in a truck? Some of them refuse to bathe or be sanitary because they feel that they should be paid to bathe. The worst thing about trucking is that no matter how well you do, you will be lumped in with that fat stinky subhuman that was there before you.

Proceed with caution.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.