Costco Distribution Centers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Blanche, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    These places are one of the top on my list. Thank you Costco for doing it right! Tracy California one of my favorites!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Costco is way ahead of Walmart in more ways than one. Went into Costco @ Jamesburg, NJ several hours before appointment, went right in, backed to the dock, sit in truck and about 30 minutes the pager goes off informing me that I was empty, went back through the gate, picked up my paperwork and was gone. Costco has it down to a science.

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Pays the employees a too notch wage and treats everyone including drivers extremely well

Metallica88 and Blanche Thank this.
  5. flc120

flc120 Heavy Load Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Miami,FL (yeah i know :( )
    costco is allright way better then any other crap here in south florida i hav gone to the west palm beach,fl DC and it works well sometimes but get there to early for your appointment they make you sit and wait anyways till its exactly your appointment time these people work very millitary...

6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Walmart DC employees are paid very well too, the mentality is just different. Walmart has the "we are Walmart, we are big and we don't give a ####" mentality.

EZX1100 Thanks this.
  7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    costco, you get out of your truck, sit around a bunch of smelly truck drivers for about 30 min and you are finished and out the door

not the best, but i LOVE their quickness

but NEVER BE five minutes late, or you are screwed

8. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    So true packrat. Have a good one!

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Used to go to the DC in Sumner Wa a lot. When they first opened it, you could take your break their and get breakfast in the café they have. Then drivers started treating the parking lot like a toilet like they do at the T/S. So as usual We had a outfit trying to help out the drivers and the drivers screwed it up.

They also now use the beepers because they got tired of trying to track drivers down to move their trucks when they had the break room.

You can get the same load stacked the same way in your trl that takes the union outfits 4-6hrs to unld, mtyd in a hr.

The only down side is that I have seen drivers turned away for being as little as 10 to 30mins late and some get in 2 hrs late. Just depends if they need the frt and how busy they are.

Blanche Thanks this.
  10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    The one time I was late at Tracy, Ca. they put me at the end of the line, but it worked out OK. Was still out of there in under 3 hrs.

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Not all Costco dc'c are the same. Delivered to one in Maryland early, had a window or so that's what I understood, the guard said it was an appointment, we debated the delivery time for a few, long story short they got it late because his delivery time didn't fit into my shift, now had to take a 10, they didn't allow parking for a break there either so off to the closest truck stop I went, some where along the line wires were crossed on that one. Most of the time Costco is one thats on top of it.

Walmart DC's aren't all the same either, more loads take on changes there then Costco

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.