Costco Distribution Centers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Blanche, Dec 16, 2012.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'm at the Costco DC in West Palm Beach every Friday morning at 5:45 am. Backed in at 6, done at 6:15 and out the gate by 6:30. Been like that every Friday since the beginning of July. Before getting this dedicated run I had the pleasure of going to Costco D/C's in Uxbridge Ma, and one in Atlanta, they all are run the same way. As far as I'm concerned they are by far the best reciever in the country. My hats off to them for doing it right!

Blanche Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Costco has always been good--right from the git go--anyone else here remember the original NE dc--the little 6 door whse on a side street in Woburn Ma??

Blanche Thanks this.
  4. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    There have been some great post on here and keep em coming. Give credit where credit is due! Viva La Costco!

5. #1 Kenworth

#1 Kenworth Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New England
    There is a Costco on a side street but never thought it was a d/c. Backs right up to I 93??

6. truckintime

truckintime Light Load Member

yea that cost-co dc in tracy cali is an impressive operation. i pull up to my assigned door, theirs a truck there getting unloaded. i look to my right and theirs a parking spot that i pull into.... i open my trailer doors and see my dock opening up... i straight line in and as soon as i pull the brakes and turn off the 4 ways i feel the dock ramp on my trailer. 15-20mins later im pulling out and the truck in front of me is ready to straight line back into my door.... if only they could all be like that

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    No was off 95/128 2d Woburn exit if memory serves--behind an industrial bakery--first portion of larger whse used by local phone company--been outta there prolly 20 years now--but that was there 1st NE dc--now look at em

8. Knotme

Knotme Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I had the same experience in Minooka IL, SO MUCH better than Walmart

9. Blanche

Blanche Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Sacramento California
    Yes, one of the best places I've been to and that Tacoria next to the 7 Eleven is hard to beat also! Viva La Costco DC's!!

10. captainmidnite

captainmidnite Bobtail Member

May 18, 2010
    Geez I tell nightmare grocery warehouses like Sysco (who keep ur DL at security shack!) that they should take a field trip to almost any Costco DC (Someone mentioned Sumner were just phasing in pagers last year I went)
    for an example of extreme efficiency in loading/unloading freight. Wheel up in clearly marked lines, usually closest to shack is OTR, and Costco local on outside lane, catwalk at window level, don't have to spill out of your truck, then realize ur license is inside etc. None of that. Employees at shack are usually quite friendly and pleasant, despite fast pace, and sheer volume of trucks rolling in. Some will allow you to park in staging several hours before your appt. No giving out phone #, is all done via pagers, door assignment, when unloaded. No yard goats or whse staff pounding on your truck door. Can go at your own pace, but usually trucks waiting for your dock. No dropping trailers, bobtail parking until you're slept out, then 5 hours later STILL not unloaded or are waiting for count/paperwork. Or NO lumpers to deal with, extracting comchek from broker or your company, writing express code down, God help you if a number is off.
    Anyway, Miraloma CA is no parking onsite, but Farmer Boys has free truck parking at 2 locations nearby on Etiwanda×Riverside Ave open 24 hours! or Etiwanda×Jurupa not 24 hours, but open until 12 midnight? reopen at 0600? Plus though says no parking you can park in dirt across the street from Costco on Riverside Ave , I've never heard of any trucks being bothered. Or just before the 60E is street runs by Truck Tub(which is 24 hours! cheap and do great job) there are side streets, cul de sac etc off that street, can park on no-one will bother you. At Tolleson AZ Costco can park in line go to sleep, security wakes up line at 0330 then check in and park in staging until appt. I think TA and Petro off Milliken and the 10 are 4 hours free parking (with ticket) or 24 hours with 75? gal fuel.
    Happy motoring (from "Rush" movie), captain midnight.

11. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I have a contract with few of my trailers drop and hook
    From Tracy to Utah.
    Absolutely love it
    Pick trailer up no issues. Get to salt lake take a nap already empty then I usually pre book backhaul go to my pick head back home next trailer is ready to go lol.
    How many trucks they deal with daily it’s mind blowing how fast they are.. not to mention they take you in 1-2 hours before appointment sometimes

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.