costco fleet driver

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by hooknbook, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Bababooey123

Bababooey123 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2016
    How is the physical? Do they measure your neck, or send big guys to get a sleep study? I applied at walmart and passed phone interview, was set up to go do pre trip and road test then I read on a forum that when they send you to do a physical all the bigger drivers with necks bigger than 17 inches or high bmi will get only a 90 medical card and have to go do a sleep study that driver has to pay for, I understand that they are being cautious, but they should inform you of this before they do a background check and call your current employer, I don't have medical insurance and it would just be a pain in the ### to be given a 90 day medical card when I already have a two year card and a safe driving record/history

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    It's been a while since my buddy took the road test. Needless to say, he decided not to take the job since there was no OT and had to wait a year and a half to reach top rate. He did mention that the physical was easy to pass, but it might have been before they implemented this sleep apnea and neck measurement BS.

Whether you applied for WalMart or Costco, or any other company, your still required to take neck measurements and BMI as part of your medical exams nowadays. I know it sucks, but it just the way it is now.

Unless the employer will accept your current 2 year medical card (which is rare nowadays because they always want you to take a drug test and physical before your actually hired), be prepared to have your BMI and neck measured at every physical you take.

Best of luck to you.

Bababooey123 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.