costco

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by orangepicker, Feb 1, 2015.

1. SnakeSkinssssss

SnakeSkinssssss Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2015
    West
    The people at Costco are always have a good attitude. I think it is because they get paid so much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Walmart DC personnel are paid quite well and they have crap attitudes.

Dan47 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  4. Sether

Sether Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Ingersoll ON
    Have only been to two Costco's, the one in Morris IL and one in Logueil Pq in and out in under an hour for both. Like some others have said some of these other grocery warehouses could learn a thing or two from Costco.

5. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Costco has a great system. Be there at your apt time and you will be out in under 2 hours.

6. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Costco is hit/miss. Don't deliver to the DC's, but do occasionally do direct to stores as well as lots of loads of bird seed going to Costco Tracey, Ca. I swear, Costco is personally feeding every bird in SoCal, few months back, we did 16 loads of bird seed in 5 days via rail, in addition, there were at least 15 OTR trucks picking up the same stuff.

Couple of winters back, we were doing wood stove pellets direct from the manufacturer to the 4 Costco stores in our area, as well as a few outlying ones. Each store was different in the attitude and speed. The one in Parker, Co. was the absolute rudest, whereas the store on So. Santa Fe had a really cute redhead working the receiving desk, she was a definite fan of painted on jeans and black leather boots.

When the built the Costco in Gypsum, we picked up all the sinks, stainless counters, etc. from a supplier in Kansas one day, and delivered it to the store the next day. Took the construction guys like 5 hours to unload and inspect everything, soon to be store manager bought me lunch as a result.

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    just for giggles....Anyone remember HOW/WHERE Costco started on the east coast? A far cry from Monroe Twp today....
    And jus as an aside....Costco DC in LaRodeo....is quickly becoming the Malwart of Costcos.....dont know what's up.....but lately taking forever.....they only do MX xdock here....only rec....M-F.....3 apppt times only....6/7/8 am.....until few months ago place was like all the rest.....3d x in a row...goin on 2hrs for 3plts?????

8. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Just be careful at the Atlanta Costco Distribution center on S. Fulton pkwy. I believe its Swift that has the yard jockey account. I was lined up ready to back under my trailer and with 12 football fields of concrete in front of me a yard jockey came flying behind me with only about 15 feet between the rear of my tractor and the front of the trailer I was backing under. That idiot was bouncing up and down in his seat with head phones on jamming out to music. It never phased him a bit at what he just did. This was 6 months ago. He is probably sitting at home on the couch by now. Guys like that don't keep their jobs long.

9. jande016

jande016 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Delivered to Sumner, WA. many times and have always been in/out in less than 1 hr. Like others have said...you only have to get out of your truck to open/close your doors and only have to talk to the gate guard (you stay in your truck when talking to the guard). I love going there.

10. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    I've done a fair amount of store deliveries (paper goods) as well as to the Monroe Twp DC. DO NOT BE LATE, either to the stores or to the DC. Your delivery will get rescheduled several days away if you're lucky. Only made that mistake once. Aside from that, awesome place to deliver. Prompt, mostly personable, and efficient, like they expect you to be.

11. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    Costco is good but everything has to be perfect one scratch on a box and voila Reject!!! they are really good but picky!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.