Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Well hear i sit spinning my wheels.
    I have a short time to write. I will post more as i can.
    In the passed week I have sat waiting on loads than i have been running miles. This week Is a short pay check. because of the 4 July. The pay week started on Tuesday end on Thursday. we going got 2 short runs. Maybe 300.00 dollars.

That's not the big let down. This week only I.ve sat for 105 hours waiting on loads that didn't happen or waiting on them to find one.

So I have only 2 short runs on next week pay check with only a day left. I get a load that only going 800 mile with 2 days to get it there. Which want make it in the pay roll this week.

We get this joey guy telling us it crazy miles and making money, for the company. I cant tell.

You are helpless out hear there is no support from dispatch. They have down size so small they cant even answer the phone at all. There is so much confusion in the office that we are on our own.

At their mercy, and its not a fun ride at all. I have sat for days in the southern states . And they are on me for idle time. Which its up to them if i sit are not.

Its a crazy thing to say anything to me about idle time. When i don't control my loads. When I run, how far i go,where i go,When i go.

I have exhausted all I can do with this QC message and they do not care. Well there are some there that do care .But have thier hands tied on what they can do. Other just don't want to stick there neck out for you.

So I just cant believe a company runs like this. Just how much money is lost having us sit and wait.

This show me that there is no supervision of dispatch, or their not doing there job. If the only thing they are worried about is idle time. Maybe this is the only thing that sets off a red flag for there supervisor to check whats going on.

I'm don't going to sit in a hot truck waiting on dispatch to find me a load. team trucks don't stop running so we don't need a APU. So they say. If I have to keep my idle time down to 25% of our running time.

I thank all office employees should work 25% of there work day inside and 75% of the day outside. Because If they ask us to do it. we all should do it. right. The only reason a say this is because it would not last. it would go away fast.

Also this if they want me to sit in a truck and sweat and be very unclean. Then go meet the customer or shipper or drop. How about picking up food product.

What ever is happening i believe someone (told me so) and I hear you. I didn't hear you then. But i hear you now.

30 more days in and I'll have my 6 mths in and I,ll start looking around for the greener grass. If anyone has any idea where to try. please let me know.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

I'll start checking around for you ...................

Hang in there Brother !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    big wheels Thanks this.
  4. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Big Wheels,

Check into Wiley Sanders, and or AMX- alabama motor express.

Also, Shoreline Transportation of Alabama.

As you already know, you live in a tough area, but with your persistance-you'll find a better job !!!!!

You can also check with Swift and all the other big outfits......

And don't forget local work, since you have a family and all that. Try Lowes or Home Depot, you can do pretty good there, and their benefits are good !!

Let me know what happens, ..................later !!!!!!

PS>>>>
    Don't forget to leave there on good terms, no matter what it takes. Kiss their butt, or whatever it takes, don't get your DAC trashed !!!!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
    big wheels Thanks this.
  5. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    what would i do without you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.
    I know its tough out hear. Its great that i can come hear and vent or ask questions.
    thanks to all.
    jtrnr1951, I want to thank you for your help on the info you gave me.

Its brothers and sisters like you. That's the glue that holes me together.

Being new to trucking some times I do feel like i cant breath. But I get rays of hope from poster like you that helps me hang on.

I just might make it. Thanks brother.

6. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    We have starting to run some miles. In the last days. I have run to ky to az to ca to tx to la.

Now my co driver want to go back to chattanooga tn to team with a guy that is just now up grading.

This means I have to go back to chatt and start finding a new co driver and sit maybe 3 to 5 days without pay.

Great!!!!!!!!!!!! spinning my wheels again.

7. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    To my friends and family. I think of each and every one when i hear the song

"high way 20 ride"
    thanks.

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    A Maverick driver told me a month or so ago they were hiring new drivers for their new refer division. Give them a call. All the best.

big wheels Thanks this.
  9. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    back at chatt. spinning my wheels. My co driver was getting off the truck to team with a friend on the 07/28/10 or dispatcher has us come in on the 07/21/10.

Just to sit. the last two days ive been looking for a co driver. and there is not alot to choose from.

ill be hear all weak end. yea!

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Sorry you had to go back to Chatt.... I left Chatt today (Sunday)... Back in the saddle after my "hometime". Best wishes and good luck with your next partner. Hopefully will be the last one! But after that...? Let us know how it goes. :biggrin_25519:

big wheels Thanks this.
  11. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    big wheels,

Where'd you get to....????

You still working for that fine Christian organization ...????

big wheels Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.