Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dasco3

dasco3 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Powhatan VA
    thanks for the report

big wheels Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Sorry it took so long to get back hear.

I had to stop complaining for awhile. Trying to work with what i got for the time being.

Will to up date you.

For a mouth i ran pretty good and then it when back to the same. old thang.

My new co driver is 57 year old beach bum. is a air head, just burnt out.
    does get mean from time to time. but it short lived.

He had a bad trainer. didn't train him right. He has no idea what he doing. Has a GPS . But does not know how to use it. I found out the hard way.

I woke up to him backing up in a neighborhood. As I felt him backing up, I went to the passenger seat to see. Dead end.

The night before i went over it with him. But like most of us men he knows where he going he has been there before. so be it I going to bed.

I help him back up to the next intersion. I asked him whats the plan. cant turn around. got to go left or right. he has know idea.

I said OK looking at the GPS map left takes us to the hwy. about a 1/2 mile. But what do you thank. He said left. We took it slow and just as he came out there was a cop sitting there and waiting.

He got a ticket and a warning. and it is all my fault. he got to yelling at me. that i told him to go that way. I'm like what? You drove into a neighborhood. That trees are touching the top of the truck and you said you crossed a bridge that had a load zone on it. and this is my fault.

If you put him on I 40 in the west you good. but you throw a turn in there and he lost. He does not know how to down shift at all.

Going up hill he want shift until after 900 rpm or lower. {he doesn't even know that the rpm are that low} just goes to the next gear. and he thanks this is down shifting.
    He stall out the truck going up a small hill and thought there was something wrong with the truck and call a repair truck while i was a sleep.
    The truck was checked out and there was nothing wrong with it.

Is very hard on the brakes. and follows to close. when tried he get a little road rage with 4 wheelers. He cant back that great. But can put the truck in reverse and make the truck go backwards and turn the wheel until he going in the right dock.

He got mad at me when i was unable to go to the beach in cal when we were in pomona. Do you know how far that is. and we were waiting on dispatch to give us load info for a pick up. also when we were in Miami.

This is not a vacation far me. He complains about sitting ,he complains about running hard. he complains about having no money. But wants to go home to cut his grass.?!

I am back in Chattanooga tn because my co driver ran over a international I 900 in a parking lot. just right after i saved him from running the trailer into a light pole base rounding a corner. Then right after that he turn to sharp in front of a semi and i new he was not going to make it and yell at him to stop just as he hit the truck.
    We were there far a hour and half filling out paper work and talking to the cops. helping get the other truck to safely go down the road.

so we had to back to chatt and guess what he does when we get hear.
    I going to have to go but Ill try to get back tomorrow. He gets in his car and leaves to go home.???!!!!! I don't know what i did. But I'm hear. without pay.

To top it off when I got hear they want me to swap truck to a new pro star. And its going to be a hot swap. That means the inverter has to be rewired and the little fridge want fit in the hole.

I was going to try to go home on 08/27 and covenant said i could . but now on 08/20 sitting in the yard not making any money.

I'm going to have to sit hear until Monday. nothing going happen on sat and sun.
    The new truck has that e-logs in them we have to take a class Monday on the new logs. and my co driver has to go to safety for hitting that truck and they are going to make him take the smith system again which is going to take another day.

Thats all for now. I'll be back soon thanks for reading.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    thelastamericanhippy Thanks this.
  4. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    I got the keys to the new pro star today.

The first thing i notice, Their is no storage space.

They have two cubby hole with netting on the bottom bunk at the foot and head of the bed. also cubby hole slot in the side wall on the back wall. their is very small storage space under bed. with access of the side out side doors to the buck.

there is two cabinets in the buck area left and right both up high. But no shelves out all. there is one down low behind the driver seat. But is very unpractical to store anything in.

Behind passenger seat is a place to put my refrigerator and microwave. there is a little shelf for a TV to be strapped down.

I not crazy about the z shaped gear shifter, But I'll be able to get round that. all the switches,buttons,lights, horns and engine brake is all in a different place. About everything is on the steering wheel. even the radio with speed control.

the seats are great compared to the columbia seats. also has some very nice mattress. has a Cummings motor. One piece windshield. and the turning radius is great.

But I'm don't sure I'm going to keep it. I want to go solo. But have really no solid facts on how many miles a week. So i can get my lady on the truck. to start on
    showing her that she will be able to do it. and be a truck driver.

But their is something we need that is not in place as of plan because lack of money. to accommodate her be on the truck.

Im going to talk to her and covenant on monday to see what is going to happen brfore i move everythang over to the new truck. maybe even a new co driver. Im don't getting paid for training. If i stay a little longer teaming.

My plan is to get my lady on with me teaming. while at covenant,they will let me train her. Which i thank is great she will not go throw what i had to.
    At least a year and she will have 6 mouths. and go to a better place as i have been reading hear.

Im just tried of low miles and low pay and crazy co drivers. If i make it out of hear alive. I'll be proud that i did it.

thanks every one of you for helping.

I'll return tomorrow. see you then.

thelastamericanhippy and kenl3417 Thank this.
  5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    BIG WHEEELS!! Great to hear from you! :biggrin_25519: But soooo sorry to know your last co driver was a knucklehead... Hope you don't go back on the road with him :biggrin_25513: Teaming with these losers will only put you in trouble.

Hope you get to train your lady and you both start making some decent money.

big wheels Thanks this.
  6. Visionary

Visionary Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Orlando, Fl
    Hey big wheels my dear hubby is there at Chatt today! His trainer has to get a new truck as well.

He had a snag this weekend. He got a ticket on Saturday and he has tested out of training yet. Covenant said this could be trouble so who knows what will happen.

They've prolonged his training for so long and the pay his horrible. Last week they forgot to pay him at all and told him that they will correct it next week.:biggrin_25513:

The driver my hubby was planning on teaming with quit last week so now if he gets through the trouble we have to pray he gets a good partner.

big wheels Thanks this.
  7. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    hey rocks good to hear your doing fine. Im home right now. yes it true i finaly came home. Ill post more late thanks.

thelastamericanhippy Thanks this.
  8. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    yep I'm still hear! at covenant. THANGS ARE GOING. I'm making a pay check and some good weeks with miles up to 6000. teaming that is.

There is a lot of changes going on right now at covenant,a lot of people are unhappy and some are happy. For me I need to wait until the dust settles.

new vacation package, 1-1-11 hazmat license holders get 2 cent more a mile on all loads. some kind of report card for drivers on performance bonus every 1/4 or year.

the biggest thang im going to dislike is covenant going to slow all the trucks down to 65 mph.
    because all the new trucks are not getting the fuel miles

my year is almost hear . i thank its 2/10/11.

Im tired so ill write later. thanks guy.

123456 and Rocks Thank this.
  9. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I co-worker friend of mine told me that Cov. has adopted "open door" policy. So now all drivers can walk right into the dispatchers area :smt066 and talk to them face to face... :argue: LOL

I wonder how long that will last...

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Covenant told us they had a "troublesome" event with CSA and were removed from the Prepass program for undetermined time....:biggrin_25510: From now on, we will have to enter every open weigh station... :biggrin_25510:

123456 Thanks this.
  11. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    The "troublesome event" was probably a check bouncing to PrePass. There scores are not the greatest, but not the worst either. Their last review was in 2007.

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.