Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    So, Covenant knows who I am here and have read many of my comments.
    I have posted before about my teaming experience. The company believes that anybody reading those comments will think the same will happen to them. I respectfully disagree. Each person is different. Some may like teaming, others may be ok and others may hate it.
    A female friend of mine found her team partner on her first day at Orientation and they worked together at Covenant for over a year. They were a perfect match.
    I met Rocky64 and Britta (husband and wife) who used to post in this forum (on the Covenant thread). They worked for Covenant for over a year.
    There's also another husband and wife team posting on the Covenant thread (transportHER) who started at Covenant not long ago.
    I think husband and wife make a great team and it eliminates so many problems that can happen when strangers team up (specially males with females).
    So, for those potential drivers seeking for teaming (at any company), please, read as many comments as possible and don't assume that one person's experience will be your experience. Use your own judgement.
    Covenant HR dept told me they are working on somethings to help new drivers find their team partners. I also gave them some good ideas and would love to see how that is working out.
    If anybody has info about it, please post. :biggrin_25519:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    tna and HeckIGot2Go! Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    see bigwheelz anymore ?

4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Bigwheels has been very, VERY busy with his trainees. We spoke face to face beginning of Dec in Chattanooga. But when he hits the road, it's hard to "catch" him even on the phone.

bert57nc Thanks this.
  5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I have conflicting information. Is Covenant team ONLY or do they also run solo OTR?

6. Wego4ut

Wego4ut Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Covenant runs a lot of hazmat teams but does have a fairly large number of solo OTRs. If you are a student, you will be asked to team for 6 months.

tna Thanks this.
  7. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Solo drivers must live east of the Mississippi. Students with a csa score of zero can test out of teaming after 3 months (chattanooga only).

tna Thanks this.
  8. tna

tna Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    very intresting thread. learned a bunch fr the big wheel. thank you

9. skeeterhoss

skeeterhoss Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Notheast US
    When i worked for Covenant they where just in the starting phases of implementing a teams only type of system and when i told them that i refused to drive teams and that i was a solo driver they made me sit at there roach coach motel and forgot about me even though i went to the meetings at the terminal on a daily basis. Come to find out they thought that i quit even though i never did quit the company and was getting layover pay and a free hotel stay the whole time that they forgot about me.
    After i found out about me quitting, I went to the terminal or white house whatever you want to call it to plead my case and to state the fact that i was there the whole time and in fact did not quit it fell on deaf ears as usual and i got fed up with all the sitting crap and in fact did leave the company!
    In any case, Covenant is a joke unless your a newbie that don't know any better or someone that likes being back stabbed by the company and if solo enjoys useless dispatchers and the maintenance of the trucks leave a lot to be desired when i was there also.
    Unlike most when i drove for them i never really complained because, I knew if i complained i would have less loads given to me and be sitting around who knows where for who knows how long.
    I would advise any drivers experienced or newbies to carefully do there homework before deciding to go to Covenant.

10. bert57nc

bert57nc Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Iron Station, N. C.
    I have a pre-hire from Covenant.
    I have been following BigWheels post here.
    Very interesting.
    I feel bad for him that he went through so much crap but am happy he toughed it out and made it.
    I think you were a great friend and influence for him Rocks, great support.
    My question is this:
    Is Covenant still the screwed up mess that BW had to put up with or have they pulled their act together.
    What is the training period like?
    How long for each phase?
    How much money can be made with Covenant?
    I know the money question has a lot of variables that contribute to it.
    Just a ball park figure would be OK.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. bert57nc

bert57nc Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Iron Station, N. C.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.