Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yes, you will... DoubleYellow is a pretty knowledgeable guy and has already gone thru a lot (of experiences) in the company. All the best to you.

big wheels and bert57nc Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pitstop23

pitstop23 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Wow i start with covenant on 9/9/12 and im a little worried. is big wjeels training for them? Sounds like the kinda vuy i wanna be stucck in a truck with. cov is just a training company to get my 6 months then i. going with a local company stil otr. everyone here seems to be good hearted. also is it an odd request to ask for a female codriver? I have worked with several women running heavy equipment and no offense guys ( im a vug myself) but women are easier to vet along with in my experiences. i hope all are safe make the pass and haul ***

4. transportHER

transportHER <strong>The Dynamic Duo</strong>

May 3, 2011
    Do your research Pitstop23.

5. pitstop23

pitstop23 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks transporther i have been n this forun and several others reading and reaearching. not backing out i ont quit. i feel wjth wht ive seen read and heard i am well imffrded and ready to roll. i found out a fellow student from my cdl training that i gt along living with for 3 weeks in a hotel room is going to also be at orientation and he only ives about 120 miles from me. will that be close enough for codriver? Are there many drivers fom mo with covenant? My recruiter angie has been very proffesional however alot of my questions have been shall we call it avoided. all in all time to buckle down and roll im really looking forward to a major career and life style change im genitically a goer so i hope this works.

6. pitstop23

pitstop23 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Well i made it to the dorms. five star rigbt here! So far not to bad greyhound blows wont be doing that agai. pam the shuttle driver was pretty cool this morning. all i all im excited to start making money.

7. transportHER

May 3, 2011
    Zero? My husband and I were sent a QC message from our first dispatch manager informing us that we were due to come in and upgrade to solo February 1st of this year. Neither of us had a score of zero and we had not been teaming for a full 3 months according to Safety. Upon arrival... No upgrade. We are now 10 days to ONE year at Covenant. Wouldn't you know it?! Got another message to come in to Upgrade. My mama always said..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

8. pitstop23

pitstop23 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2012
    So are yall gonna upgrade or not. i must say in my opinion you and your husband (and any other husband wife team) must have a super strong relationship. i cant say that even in our best days my exwife and my self could have ever been in a truck together, all the time. Its pretty cool to see couples like yall.

9. transportHER

May 3, 2011
    LOL there "pitstop23"!
    No, we are not going to upgrade. As we mentioned here before, we were QC'd to go to the Whitehouse early this year and there was no upgrade. Then told that that peticular upgrade did not apply to husband/wife teams AND it was a NOT manditory thing. Spoke with one solo driver and they never upgraded... spoke with another and they just did a hand written test. It appears that it's based on how the wind is blowing that day.
    And yes indeed... my husband and I do have a very strong relationship. We have had the pleasure of meeting many husband/wife teams out there who are doing the same thing. And the opportunities are endless. It is well worth every experience.
    You are welcome to read our one year teaming journey at Covenant... it is: www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingi...5138-husband-wife-team-to-start-covenant.html
    I am getting ready to do our one year recap.

10. pitstop23

pitstop23 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I have been following that post. day one in the bag enjoying it so far passed all my test. Day one is over for me now though no more till 7 am but its fun met some drivers that hqve been with the company for a while. everyone is nice and the food well the salads are awesome as for this turkeg sausage stuff im not a fan but its kinda cooo they actually encourage healthy food. but all in all so far a great experience.

11. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Zero was what I was first told, but I was later told 10 & 12 so I think your description of "depending on which way the wind is blowing" is apt.

If you can upgrade, I would -- it came with a couple cpm pay bump...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.