Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Today was the paper work day, drug test, physical, road test & aptitude test. I passed the every thang. my hire date is wedsday 12/9/09. tomorrow I'm don't sure what im doing. so far thangs are not bad. I guess they are sucking me in to drop the hammer. If any one has any question. ask see what i can do. more details later.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    well as the drug test is a no brainer. With physical I had to retake my because doc crossed out somethanging and rewrote it & Said they could not read some of the other. So make sure you can read it. Agility test is 10 reps touching of the floors beending knees. Picking a bastets wiyh bench wieghts in them 25pd 3 reps then 50 pd 3 reps. Pulling on a bar tied to a wall computer 3 pulls at least 60 pd then pulling # 90. road test was really no diff. than a road test to get your cdls. Lets see. lefted ,right, lefted on ramp, Interstate. drive 55mph. just a few mile then off ramp slow down to 40 mph hit the ramp slow down to 35 mph sharp curve. stop sign lefted , there is a blind curve to the lefted so you cant cross the double yellow line. But there is enough road to make the turn. drive down few miles then pull off the road then switch driver. All back roads curvey couple rights and lefted. But I could not watch the next guy drive. Not so good. checket out he had trouble up shifting down shifting didn,t keep his rear tamdems in his lane. talk to much not watching the road. Not maintailing a safe min speed. Man! As we pulled in the range to p ark the truck you had to driver a round some parked trucks with trailors like a truck stop. He had trouble with the off tracking of the trailor. just to park staight with the others. The guy had to tell him turn lefted more lefted now bagain back around right right right turn the wheel right. keep pulling untill trailor staight with the truck. stop the truck. man and he passed.(what) ! Not so good. then had to go over the paper work with personal. Seems all good so for. There is ways to fail. Hit a curve with the truck or trailor done. Cross the center line. They just what to see if you can safely control the truck.(yea). there were some who felled but have to retake the test tomorrow. One could not read the eye chart. but said if he goes to day and gets some glass(in about an hour) He have to retake it tomorrow.Blood pressure some took the test 4 or 5 times. untill they got ti right. One when home a lady she just kep saying they were wrong kep getting up set walking up & down hall telling every one about her problems. She even showed up late. In the agility you have to climb up this truck like platform. step step knee knee. Its about as high as a kit counters tops. with a step at the bottem. three points of contact at all times. She cant even get on top. So she was told to go home come back in two weeks. She said she had no money to get home. She rented a car. I have no idea what she going to do. Tomorrow rules and regulations book, get to hear that great speech from the president message just to keep us in the loop. show us how to get a load to point a to b. your safty your choice,monitoring the weather,and money matters . classes. benefits,security is everyones concern,handling hazmat materials,be accident free for a lifetime,tsa,hazmat test,completing compliants logs, pro treads video by john boyd Let you know how it goes.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    For passing the road test. I can hear the excitment on your writting. All the best to you. :biggrin_25519:

big wheels Thanks this.
  5. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Keep this in mind............3-6 months you can go somewhere else. Nationwide Express, Falcon, etc.

big wheels Thanks this.
  6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Someone trying to change jobs after 3 to 6 months won't get any consideration with decent companies . Many drivers that figured they'd stick it out for a year aren't having any luck trying to get a better job .

big wheels and jtrnr1951 Thank this.
  7. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

The recruiter at Conway needs 6 months. Sounds like a good company. I won't be going there. My GF may go to school and I would need to be where she can start as my team member.

big wheels Thanks this.
  8. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    It is a VERY bad idea for 2 new newbies to run as a team . Do you know what team driving is ? One is in the sleeper while the other is in the sleeper for at least 8 CONSECUTIVE hours . Any time in the passenger seat counts as on duty time .
    Suppose you GF does her 10 driving/on duty then goes in the sleeper . After you drive about 7 hours she wakes up , can't go back to sleep and jumps in the passenger seat to keep you company . A few miles down the road DOT looking for random checks pulls you over . If she's still logged sleeper she's cited for a log violation . She now has to correct her log and show 10 hours on duty plus 7 hours sleeper , which is also on duty . Anything under 8 hours sleeper is on duty . So now she has to start her sleeper time over again and you will be out of hours long before she can drive .
    Check out expediting . No schooling is required if you can pass the straight truck road test . Instead of spending time in school spend the same time teaming with an experienced expediter for a fleet owner . Then they will let you train your GF . The sleeper rules are the same but the runs are shorter . The run may only be 800 -900 miles with no work immediately after . You won't get run ragged and you'll be able to spend more time together .

big wheels and HeckIGot2Go! Thank this.
  9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Yea Rick I know what team driving is, she does too. Her parents did it for 5 years.

From what I've seen expediting subcontractors are treated like ####. Little or no bennies. Slow pay, no pay, paying for your fuel and not owning or leasing the truck. Getting 1099'ed at the end of the year.

Where do I sign up?

10. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    today done and over with. They called people all day for problems with work history. Got to get it right. No gaps. or got to have notarized letter unemployment. and non working. They did retesting and have not hear if everyone did,t pass. I was in class all day to day. Went over pretty much what i posted last time. There were some test but they when over the answers. Got some certificate card for hazmat with john Boyd. Got my driver # to day. I do believe if they did not have a mocrowave thay couldn't cook. The driver lounge has a tv and few tables, Everyone Is watch movies, Playing cards, or on lap tops. There are some trainers here four and everyone is hitting them up. But there is not they can do about who goes. Just walking around like the rest of us. Not sure what happing tomorrow. I thank we are going over to the whit house as they call it. Tomorrow is my hire date. But all and all not so bad. But I guess they are still sucking me in. There are some other driver here who are hurt on the job waiting to be released to go to work. They don't have a hole lot of bad to say. The other driver that were waiting on loads are gone. I don't remember if i saw them last night. But they clean the room to day. Not like mom did it but clean up. So got some books to go read that say how the time line of training goes then the mantory teaming . There is a web site they gave us to day to check out I'll try to list ti tomorrow. The weather started out freezing 29f, warm and raining today 45f. Post more later. got any question just ask. While I,m here. Thank you for your time.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  11. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Why didn't they get the "gaps" filled in before the drivers got there?

If you couldn't get the affidavits in time do they give them a bus ticket home?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.