Covenant lied throughiut the recruiting process

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sorrythisusernameistaken, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorrythisusernameistaken

Sorrythisusernameistaken Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2019
    For starters I was told orientation paid out at $100/day only to find out that it actually pays out at $50/day (must be that new math, right?)

I was told there's a $40,000 bonus paid out as an additional $1,000/wk. Only to find out the bonus is half of what was promised and it's paid out as $1,000 every 60,000 miles.

I was initially informed that teaming was a choice only to find out that it's the only option. They were truethful that the bonus is contingent on a driver's drivers decision to team.

The recruiter told me that the trucks are governed at 70 on the throttle and the like detector determined that that was a lie.

Then I was told my experience doesn't count because my previous job was a 1099 even though I expressly told the recruiter that during the initial application process.

When I informed them that they weren't a good fit for me due to the afformentioned lies/omissions they refused to reimburse me for the travel to their facility ( full tank of gas not too big of a deal there.)

Safe to say I'm fairly dissatisfied with covenant although I do accept my culpability in that I failed to do my homework and took everything at face value. No big loss though $80 is a cheap lesson in the trucking industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    The old bait n switch strikes again.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    now you that a recruiter is lying, when thier lips are moving.

5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Sounds like they quoted team bonus numbers.
    I wondered about these large bonuses from the bad companies. So they stretch it out basically about 10 years. Knowing you won't be able to stomach their crap treatment of drivers for 10 years. They will rarely pay out the full amount.
    I wonder how much Falcon had in outstanding bonus $ unpaid. Imho bonuses are usually not worth chasing.

6. Sorrythisusernameistaken

Apr 15, 2019
    Now I see why they were so opposed to me driving my pov down. They wanted me to choose between being stranded in Chattanooga and working for them after the renegged on #### near everything they told me.

7. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Be careful. If you quit orientation because you found out about the bait and switch, they’ll try to post that on your HireRight transcript. It will read as follows:

“Quit Or was dismissed from orientation”

Make sure you stay on top of that.

8. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    sevenmph Thanks this.
  9. Sorrythisusernameistaken

Apr 15, 2019
    Thanks I didn't know that. Is quiting from an orientation viewed as a serious ding?

10. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Sometimes it can be, some companies won’t put anything down, some will explain why you quit/got asked to leave and others will bad mouth you on there.

Be sure to dispute anything bad they put on there. Good luck!!

11. Sorrythisusernameistaken

Apr 15, 2019
    While I was there they told me they expect their teams to do 3,000/wk (which doesn't make any sense to me because I go 4,000/wk solo) so that means the bonus would be paid out after 15 years of straight working.

x1Heavy and sevenmph Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.