Covenant lied throughiut the recruiting process

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sorrythisusernameistaken, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Covenant uses a “faith based” pay structure.

mjd4277, LtlAnonymous, Cat sdp and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    . Right. Faith, by definition is belief, in the absence of evidence. So now the question becomes. Can one be made to believe in something without evidence of its existence? Why do we require evidence for some things and only faith in others?

We require evidence that our money is in the bank. We don’t want to have faith that it’s there, we want evidence.

We require evidence that no cars are coming when we cross the street. We don’t want to have faith that no cars are coming, we want evidence. That’s why we look both ways.

But if Covenant wants drivers to have faith that they’ll be paid then I suspect that company won’t last long. Maybe they can have faith that drivers will deliver their loads. Now there’s a concept

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    When I informed them that they weren't a good fit for me due to the aforementioned lies/omissions they refused to reimburse me for the travel to their facility ( full tank of gas not too big of a deal there.)

Unless it has changed I believe job search expenses are tax deductible

Covenant uses a “faith based” pay structure.

Because at Covenant , they have a Covenant with their drivers?:biggrin_25523:

mjd4277 and Veteran driver Thank this.
  5. SilverBulletBand

SilverBulletBand Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    ANY Company that has to used "Faith Based" as a Self Promotional way of attracting new people is an absolute FRAUD!

Too many "fake" Christians hide behind the Cross. It's all good though because God sees them, me and you too.

Jesus Christ himself would never resort to such fraudulent practice.

Adieu, mjd4277, x1Heavy and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Are you serious.
    You do realize that those million milers took
    A huge pay cut for that office job don't you.
    They didn't advance, they wanted to be home.
    Then there wife had to get a full time job to
    Make up for the lost income he used to get
    As a driver.

Most drivers won't take the pay cut to do it.

SilverBulletBand and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  7. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    You would be correct. For them to advertise their hypocritical practices so boldly is a true shame. Lye every chance they get & then some. The whole Covenant group are a bunch of swamp feeder's.

8. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    But they're Chri$tian$!

9. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Ikr...lmao. False prophecies!

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The precepts of the three major religions are understood.

The process of Orientation is never understood by anyone going in.

I had a rather good orientation one week, until a manager or higher staffer cornered me away from others and asked real simple. Can you hear me talk to you in there? You look like you are either wanting to escape or processing a drug etc.

I started talking for 10 minutes abbreviating two things. First Hearing aids were same as glasses, second the deaf situation for a person requires the use of other senses, eyes first. I must process everything in the space whatever it maybe as fast as possible to determine the situation at hand and if need be read the mouths of several people at a rapid sequence teacher first. Everything missing in me is not a loss at all. I never had it so... it's not a handicap.

They put me into a form of fast track to see where I am as a driver. 6 months in one of the Office Bosses said one sentance to me. I value that more than a mountain of gold coins.

"YOU are on your way to being one of our top drivers" spoken quietly and fast with a little dig in the second sentence to pop the head from swelling.

Sometimes the least among us will run when you are tired and panting leaning on something too wobbly to keep up.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    HypaChristians

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.