Covenant. OMG we didn't know!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Mrs Tosh, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yep! Stay away from Southern Refrigerated Transport of Texarkana, Arkansas and Star Transportation in Nashville. These are both divisions of Covenant and both are run just as badly!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrs Tosh

Mrs Tosh Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Miami,FL
    Hello all.. I hope Thanksgiving was as good for you as it was for me.. Well to bring you up to date with my Trucker. He did end up coming home for his full 7 days and we did take our cruise. Now here is the kicker. His team mate took the truck home, got sick, and the freaking truck won't start. So my Hubby was told by the dispatch to fly to his team mate's and get the truck... Ummmm shouldn't they have had the truck fixed first? Anyway they are in the mountains the crew hasn't gotten there yet and his team driver claims he has a doctors appointment he has to go to next week. Needless to say dispatch isn't happy about how long the truck has been sitting.

Ok correct me if I am wrong. Shouldn't his team driver have reported the breakdown way before they were supposed to get back on the road? Can't wait to hear from ya.

4. goin2fast10

goin2fast10 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Where I want to be

NEVER EVER depend on anyone to do what's right, it won't happen. Having read your first post, I have to say, y'all are a whole lot nicer than I'd be....:biggrin_25525:no brag,just fact.

5. Mrs Tosh

Mrs Tosh Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Miami,FL
    Just got off the phone with hubby and "mechanic" came and gave them a jump ( not a new battery) a jump. They still don't have a load so they are in the hills of North Carolina with his team mates family. With the truck running. Now what happens when they are out on the road in this weather. I swear that company doesnt care about them, as long as the truck gets on the road........ Needless to say his truck mate has an appointment next week so they will be right back to the hills. ( doesn't seem right).......

6. goin2fast10

Dec 29, 2007
    Where I want to be

Like I said in the above.... but to be a little more concise, I'd call and DEMAND they fix what you deem to be a problem. If they refuse, say "fine, plan me a trip to where I can unload my stuff,now!"....you cannot let them run over you. They will keep it up.

However, I have always been one that would cut my nose off to spite my face, when principle is involved. May not be for y'all....JMHO.

7. Mrs Tosh

Mrs Tosh Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Miami,FL
    LOL. I hear you. But with the economy the way that it is and the bills looking at us in the eye. We are trying to hold on until the safety bonus. Spoke to him last night and they were still sitting. He says it is pretty cold but atleast they are at the guys house on stand by. Hoping they get a load in the morning.

8. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Not really a good suggestion, because no a days a company will have you at a terminal no where near your home. They will make you unload your stuff, kick you to the curb, and then say now find your way home. They won't care if you live 1k miles away...

9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Actually, ..... some might even prefer that.

10. goin2fast10

Dec 29, 2007
    Where I want to be

Yep, been there done that. Family, buses, airplanes and rental cars usually don't discriminate. 'Sides, I did say, "may not be for y'all":biggrin_25525:.....but at my age (it does have some advantages) I don't give a rats patutty....I do it my way or it don't get done by me. I have earned that...the hard way:biggrin_25526:

11. MCR6468

MCR6468 Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    i've been writing here and everywhere about the crappola that i have been putting up with at Covenant.........and here i see some folks in disbelief at whats going on!:Traffic lights:
    i got my truck from the chatt tn yard, it wouldn't start, after 4 jumps, i got it out of the yard to memphis where it died at the loading dock....it needed new batteries but all they would dish out was--another jump!---finally i did get 2 batteries and a $360.00 bill from my dm due to high idle time. i did explain to the "tard":)tard:) that i couldn't shut down, since it wouldn't restart!!:biggrin_25510:
    after that the head gasket went.....6 days in an indianapolis dive of a hotel waiting for it to be repaired...and it took them 3 weeks after that to reimburse me the hotel costs due to a screwup on my dm's part!
    we still have electrical problems with this tin can :Monkey wrench:it needs to be scrapped.
    we cant have tv because we can't idle and the batteries die,no proper fridge for food,no heat for warmth and no ac for heat relief to sleep and get rested! and the price of diesel has dropped enough to let us do this, they are extreme cheap b*****d and can:bootyshake:.....they are quite comfy in chatt term, warm in the winter,cool in the summer.........they should roast for what they do!:violent3:........
    so people, don't be so shocked at what you see from these b*****d people.....
    they believe their faith and love of god will save them...NOT!!!they really serve this master::smt096.......
    best wishes, hope this re-rant helped:evil4:......
    best wishes always.....
    mcr&deb.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.