covenant orientation...pomona, ca

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by rpad139, Apr 8, 2014.

1. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    That statement applies to any company you work for, whether it be trucking, construction, general labor. I'll get my experience here and if I like it it here I will stay.

double yellow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blacktop Junkie

Blacktop Junkie Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2014
    New Bern, North Carolina
    Then I will assume you aren't a fan of money if you stay on longer than a year. I'm fairly certain I won't.

4. Blacktop Junkie

Jan 5, 2014
    New Bern, North Carolina
    I've only been with the company 5 months sir.

5. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I plan on sticking it out for at least a year is what I meant. Maybe longer who knows, but money is always a factor

6. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Sitting here at the terminal in hutchins, tx for the night. Yesterday or the day before news came through the qualcomm about a 1.5¢ raise for all hazmat endorsed drivers starting after may(3¢ to the truck.)Trainers get a 1/2cent a raise, which my trainer was not too happy about haha. Doesn't sound like much but it adds up. So instead of 38¢ a mile split, trainees start at 41¢ split. More news, drivers will be paid $100 for each day their hometime request is not met, pre-pass will be free now, and... something else but I can't remember. Also learned today traffic in dallas, tx is not fun.

double yellow Thanks this.
  7. rht1985

rht1985 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Everyones coments seem helpfull. I have a few questions regarding what the co. covenant says the traing pay is is it actually $525 w/haz-mat?
    The does it go to that gaurante they say $700? Also on average how many miles are drivers running weekly? What is home time like? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to make the right choice, I would like to be apart of the covenant team. I graduate from trucking school on fri. 2 2014 and hope to be at a co. by the following week. Thanks for any comments you might have.

8. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I'm still in training so I can't tell you exactly how many miles. But as far as the $525 a week hazmat training pay I take about $430 a week after taxes. That all depends too if you opt for insurance or not.

9. Blacktop Junkie

Jan 5, 2014
    New Bern, North Carolina
    Training pay and the 700 guarantee are two different things. After you upgrade to ST-2 (that's when your trainer takes you to the terminal to test out) if you have your haz-mat endo and you were in the truck all week and your mileage pay was less than 700 dollars they will make up the difference to 700 dollars. For instance say you only were going to get paid 550 dollars. They will pay 150 dollars to bring it up to the 700. Home time is industry standard of 1 day for each week out. Expect to be home within 1-2 days of your actual date so plan accordingly. Mileage. That depends on your fleet manager and where you are in the country. I've only had one 6000 plus week so far and I don't mess around. Lately it has been between 3,500- 5,000. For me. Hopefully this week ends well

10. rpad139

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    Hey rht which orientation are you attending?

11. truckerocrazy

truckerocrazy Bobtail Member

May 18, 2013
    i work out there NO good miles for teams they has some dedicated account with estes i was with no experience i was waiting 4 weeks with no any load available for comeback to california i work 4 months and quick the people in the office in pomona awesome guys rodny and juan are the best in pomona terminal but really bad training and company i dont recomend this company for any driver.alo hazmat for ups freight and conway freight. cheap freight and cheap pay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.