covenant orientation

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Rocking 416, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Rocking 416

Rocking 416 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I do not work for them yet but i will soon i think they are worth a try

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Your 12v fridge will not run your batteries down and if it does you need to get new batteries. If you're running an inverter powered fridge you're being silly, but even then you dont need to idle *constantly*.

4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I used to have a frigde in this truck. Was plugged into the power inverter. Covenant does not allow more than 1000 watts power inverter. If they find you using anything over 1000 they will remove it.

Used to have 1500 watts power inverter. One day every light and outlet went dead in the truck. Had to take truck to Freightliner and hid my power inverter.

After that, got a 1000 watts power inverter to avoid future problems. But couldn't use my eletric pot with it, much less the refrigerator.

Now I use a cooler....

Cov. uses only 4 batteries in their trucks and I heard the best would be 8 to be able to use refri, etc.

I've seen Cov. trucks that have refri in them working well.... Also, the truck I was before this, never had the problems I have with this....

Yes, if you get a new truck, 80% chance it will have an APU in it.

Like I said, Cov. is a company for beginners. Once you get your experience and time, move on to something that pays better and treat you with respect.

I will finish my time here and then move on. So far, it hasn't been really bad. I've heard horrible stories... You can read them in this forum.

I'm thankful to be in the Walmart dedicated account at Cov. It's the best thing one can have in this company, IMHO.

All my best wishes to you. :biggrin_25519:

5. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    how s big wheels doin finally get teamed up somebody

6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Check out his thread.... he is at Chatt... FINALLY!!! :biggrin_25514:

Now will get a team partner...

7. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    that good to here i might be going to covenant myself checking out threads first any info would be helpful. they gave me prehire

8. Rocking 416

Rocking 416 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yeah i read alot of bad stuff about them but i was on CB drivers say all the big companys are bad. Im a 8 month driver i need to get 2 years with a company an i hope to drive a dump truck I mean i dont mind running my ### off in a truck i mean u only need to stop for laundry an shower an to sit on the thrown. Well i mean spray the thrown down with disinfectant then sit on it but hopfullly i will get goot truck i have a microwave too wow im use alot of juice

9. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Really? Are you going to pull food out of your fridge, openit, put it in your microwave, cook it, eat it, all while going down the road?

I stop to do anything usually. I dont do anthing when im driving unless im eating something that wont make a mess...like chicken tenders. You only have to stop for a couple minutes.

Anyway, all the big companies ARE bad. Some are worse than others, but the only way to find out is experience. Werner certainly has proven itself to be a lot better than CRST except for in maintenance. But a smaller company will always have better maintenance than the biggest of the big.

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Big Wheels just got a partner and a truck. It's a new truck but it has a bunk heater (not an APU).

A friend of mine (who used to be a Covenant trainer) had a brandy new truck and it had many problems with batteries. He had to turn it on constantly to recharge them or they would go dead in a few hrs... but the batteries were new....

I am vegetarian and definetely don't eat this rubbish of "food" I find on the road. Was born and raised in another country, eating rice, beans, and lots of cooked vegetables. So, I must have to cook my own food in the truck.

It takes time and effort, yes. I cook during my 10 hr (if I am not too exhausted from driving) and during my breaks. Have one warm meal a day and eat fruits, peanuts and chocolate while I'm driving.

Have tried several ways to store and cook my food in this truck. Now, using a cooler (plugged to the wall outlet) but can't store much and food goes bad quickly. I cook with a propane gas burner. I hide it when not in use. This was the only way I found to be able to cook my food. Electric pot doesn't work with power inverter in this truck. Slow cooker went bad (third one I got already at Pilot).

I don't know any Covenant driver that is able to use a microwave in a Cov. truck (maybe there are some....)

Good luck to you with your Covenant truck. You don't know until you start running it.

11. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL

Are you sure he wasn't the trainer from the "Werner trainer craps himself" thread? LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.