covenant shuts down two terminals IN CA.

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Unclehams, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Unclehams

Unclehams Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    CTG Leasings little company covenant transport has officialy shut down two terminals as of march 16.

They have decided to shut down the long beach terminal and French camp terminal , firing both office staff and security except from long beach. Those office staff will replace the office staff from their remaining pomona location.

Driver satisfaction is no longer their motto. If it was they would keep a terminal open with more than 1 sit down toilet for 74 sitting team trucks.....

And they wonder why some drivers have wiped and smeared large chunks of feces on the walls these last 4 days

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hawkeye15

Hawkeye15 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Nashville TN
    ya know unclehams I'm sitting in the pomona terminal right now, and it is a bit crazy they have one sit down crapper for this place..but for someone to smear feces on the walls in there ( as someone did yesterday) is a bit ridiculous. No company is perfect and I understand they don't seem to care about driver satisfaction, but some idiot to do that is just making life miserable for the other poor saps like myself in the same boat, if someone is crazy enough to want to send a message go drop the duece on the safety guys desk (though I'm sure he's not to blame in this either) or something don't make life more miserable for the other drivers.

4. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Hope they completely shut their doors. Piss poor management and undercutting of hazmat freight in CA. Hate it for the drivers and office staff, but the folks who do the pricing need to be out of a job.

5. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Sounds like another bottom feeder outfit is biting the dust.

6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Nah, they're just selling/leasing the terminals and replacing them with secure drop yards (no ammenities or overnight parking). sucks for drivers (myself included - my "home" terminal went from 200-odd miles from home to nearly 700), but it is the right move for the company/shareholders...

ps long beach should still be open for a week. its nicer and cleaner with free wifi - id use it while you still can.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  7. Unclehams

Unclehams Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I was told by the guy there that its closed as of this Monday to drivers... Who knows I may call them tonight as I'm already disgusted with pomona... 2 times in a row has fecal smeared in the bathroom and already today after the guy cleaned it someone again wiped feces on the door handle purposely so someone would touch it... The truckers drama combined with fecal smearing has got me so grossed out I'm just sitting in my truck. I do hope this company is bought out or fails .

As soon as I get home I'm putting in my notice... I plan to also send them a letter of quoting and plan to video tape in high res everything on this truck including the engine.... If they put false info on my daq at least ill have proof of how the truck was given back to them

8. double yellow

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Exactly. Although in my experience, Rodney (one of the two Pomona safety guys) is is really cool & likely has no say in terminal closures. Most of the other pomona staff are pretty rude and wouldnt be entirely without blame for such treatment. That was one of the major differences between long beach & pomona -- fantastic staff in long beach.

It just sucks that of the two LA-area terminals, Pomona was larger, on less expensive land, & on a street without a 3ton weight limit...

Monday? I got a qualcomm message a while back saying the 16th, but maybe they changed the date without notice...

I cant fathom why they dont at least call in some portapotties to pomona. I imagine parking is insane too...

9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I can fathom it...perhaps it's because they don't care? Seems most of the mega haulers are getting that way these days as the truckers who built them from the ground up are retiring and being replaced by number crunchers who don't have any history in the industry and could care less about what the American Trucker is, was, and does. Amirite?:biggrin_2557:

10. double yellow

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    brief update: was at pomona briefly last week - only 1 shower (men) and 1 in door toilet, but both were clean. there was also a porta-potty outside. yard didnt seem very full and those there seemed to be in reasonably good spirits...

the "secure drop yard" that replaced the french camp terminal was not too impressive though. no overnight tractor parking either which will be a pain when i want to take a week off and have to find a place to park...

11. tna

tna Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Dalton, GA
    really bbad wi the poop smudge thing. even if th drivr who did this was mad bout the cmpany, they r making it bad for othr drivrs. this is pretty sad for a adult person to do to othr ppl.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.