Covenant Solutions Expedite Div.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pound Puppy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH
    Pound Puppy,

I'll be joining ya. I am getting my hunter's Permit today and I'll be calling Bill again this evening to set up orientation.

Mike

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Its good to hear. Look foward to catching up with you sometime.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  4. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH
    Orientation on Monday. Anyone in the Chatt. area when I get there Sunday? Maybe have Dinner with a few of ya?

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  5. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    We may be home. Headed to PA right now but not sure of loads out. One thing about PA, if you NEED to go somewhere specific, you are going to get hosed on rates.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  6. nawarra1

nawarra1 Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    Long Island
    Hope, that I get out of hear by this time! :))

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  7. Pound Puppy

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Yea PA is a pain. When i ran a step deck i always got beat up on rates. Im home til Friday. Was going to stay out but i waa two hours from home. I sat after delivering in Detroit Monday, kinda stunk, but it happens. Did a roundtrip from Detroit to Sheffield Vil. Ohio. Ill head out Friday. Dont worry Peter you should make it out Friday, thats when i did at orientation. For some reason the shop is lazy about putting in the qualcomm!

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I think that was one I recovered last week. Might not be. Have made piles of money off that run numerous times in the past. But really the shipper is so screwed up don't care to go sit there and wait, wait, wait. Truthfully they are the worst I have seen being disorganized and a total cluster in over 2 years truckload expediting. Almost every other place I load or offload expedite it's in and out quickly hardly any time wasted. Much better than typical wait times with general freight. Should easily be able to turn 3 of them in a day. It's only 53 miles but it's best to only commit to 2 in a day. Wish you the best and looking forward to seeing how things go on the dispatched side.

BigBadBill and Pound Puppy Thank this.
  9. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I have to say that this fleet is starting off better than I had expected. The dispatchers are really hitting their stride and we have a new hire that is on fire (helps that he had year with both Covenant and USX).

Pound Puppy and rollin coal Thank this.
  10. Pound Puppy

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Finish off this week with two loads total gross $1800 on 785 miles. Went home three an a half days. Hung out with my kid an wife, recharged and ready to roll hard til the Louisville truck show!

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  11. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    On this arrangement, do you pull Covenant company trailers, or do you need your own trailer?

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.