Covenant Solutions Expedite Div.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Pound Puppy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.
    I wasn't trying to incinuate a pissing match or insult anyone. Just saying Bill knows what's going on in today's markets.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ruffrider

ruffrider Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Alexandria Ala.

Yes until I too old or broken down to throw them.

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Lighten up a little. That "part of the herd" comment I made was not directed at any one in particular. Bill does know what markets are hot and what aren't. His trucks are out there every day and posted or their availability sent out a few times daily over email lists. The phones blow up in hot markets and crickets chirp in slow ones. I was in one yesterday that was so busy they actually called to say they were taking my truck posting down because they couldn't handle 51 calls a minute asking for the truck lol.

Now the flip side of that is just because Bill thinks it's not a great lane doesn't mean that you couldn't make a go of it and prove him wrong. I do not ever venture onto that lane but in general I do agree with you. It does strike me as a good spot to hammer some over the top outbound rates going north into Jersey, NY, etc or to go down south into Florida as well. I would suggest you have produce vents on your van if planning on working Florida though.

F2F is different animal from Covenant Expedite Solutions. There are similarities but the biggest difference will be that if you want to be entirely on your own booking freight and figuring out lanes F2F would be the right choice. CES would be better if you're content to let the office deal with those headaches but from the sounds of things it seems they do seek driver input on some stuff. But when being dispatched one has to always understand what dispatch is up against. If you were at CES making them run you on the 95 corridor and it wasn't working out so great, then probably the only way to either figure it out or learn that it sucks would be to self dispatch yourself and walk in their shoes.

5. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    I wanna run the Cancun Mexico lane!!

Had an interesting morning. Picked up a short one, went to deliver and the place was locked up tight. I called the contact, who let me know they were on vacation and the load wasnt supposed to deliver until the 21st. After a few he got a friend to come unload it. Well I unloaded it with a hand pallet jack, he stacked it with the forklift... Couldnt find anything for the weekend, so im gonna kick back in Shreveport.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  6. Scott50

Scott50 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Alpharetta, GA
    ran my last load with my current company today. Back at home and packing up to head to Chattanooga on Sunday! Can't wait!

Pound Puppy and BigBadBill Thank this.
  7. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    Scott, just remember to be patient at orientation. Its not very effeceint and can be frustrating. But its the only week you have to deal with the Covenant ppl. Tip: When you get to the motel be sure to get the white folder and fill out all the paperwork, you will write your signature more than you thought you ever would. If you are staying in your truck go over to the main terminal and tell them your there for orientation at the security gate. They will tell you where to park, the drivers area with showers etc.. is on the west side of the building. If you need help or have questions pm me.

8. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I had one of those fun Friday's. The kind where if it could go wrong it did. Started at midnight the end of fun Thursday. After an 8hr delay at the shipper on my way to GA at last, 440 miles to go, only 3 hours to spare. Had booked a follow up SC reload from my favorite broker that I've worked with the longest of any. She was grateful, was the last load of her week to cover, it had been a pain, and Saturday her birthday, she wouldn't have to worry if it got delivered. It was scheduled for 14:00 pick. If I showed up at 14:01 to pick it they were union and they'd say sorry time to go home you missed the cut off. No problem.

My GA delivery was only 70 miles from it. It delivered to a DC at 11am. Would probably be tight but I could do it. Had been in contact with broker on that load telling him my sense of urgency to get offloaded, was there any way they could talk with receiver and try to get it "expedited". Had already saved them on several hot GM loads in the days before. He said they'd take care of me not to worry. Ok, and they did. But of course it didn't help. Long story short I made the SC reload but didn't get there til 15:40 they were not happy to see me lol. But the receiver intervened and made them. I was mad I'd let my favorite broker down. I did everything not to. She knew what was going down and I kept her informed all day. Somehow we managed, I made the SC pick, and then passed out from a general lack of sleep. Life is good lol.

9. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The funnest part was actually about 5 minutes before arrival @GA consignee. The high pressure a/c line burst. I smelled something but heard nothing. I discovered it under the hood while they unloaded my truck (slowly lol) normally squeaky clean engine had oil sprayed all over it. The truck, knowing what a great week we'd had, decided to take it's piece of the pie. It had been Christmas since I'd bought it anything- 8 shoes - and so it went. On the bright side at least it ain't hot down south just yet and in a couple of hours I'll be empty high tailing it to the house.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  10. Steeleandsonfarms

Steeleandsonfarms Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Edgerton, OH
    As pound puppy said, it will test your patience. I was warned but not totally prepared mentally. Backing test is easy and there is more paperwork than you will ever wish to see again. I signed twice as much to get this job than buy my house lol. Good people behind you once your moving. I had a rough day yesterday and I dropped the ball more than once but instead of getting upset, Bill and the team had my back. I've got a good crew behind me. Picked up a load in Mendon, GA last night and I'm flying home tonight to see the wife and baby on my dime, delivering monday at 07:00 and still averaging better than I was doing on my own. All in all, rates are high, bs is minimal, and I am happy.

Scott50 and BigBadBill Thank this.
  11. falcon71

falcon71 Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2012
    What kind of fuel discounts are you guys getting off the pump price?

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.