Covid-19 making cowards?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by MericanMade, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    What gets on my nerve, is the gawkers, that stop to see some trauma, not to help. If I see a bunch already on site, I won’t complicate things. Too bad no one even asked if you needed help.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Hey god bless u brother @MericanMade u are a true hero and angel for helping a stranger

4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    D.Tibbitt, MericanMade and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Calling someone a coward is way up there when it comes to fighting words. Can’t think of many much worse if your a man. Never know why people act the way they do. There are a lot of people in this world that need to be punched in the throat for being or doing stupid things. I don’t do it. Not because I’m afraid of the consequences or because I’m a coward. I doNt do it because the higher responsibility is to the family. They need a provider. What I want comes second. I don’t know when men stopped putting taking care of their family before their own interest. Kind of sad. Off topic there.

Who knows why people didn’t help. But good that u did.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    How's things going w/ the "Honey Do" company, @MericanMade ??? You've not checked in, in awhile ~! ;)

Wishing you well,
    Tom

7. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Oh, I’ve been posting. It’s a hard habit to break.

Things are going well. Just got done painting a house exterior. Weather didn’t cooperate, so it took me two weeks, but I still made $4000.

Tomorrow I start a job that involves repairing some fascia wood rot and building/installing five hurricane-rated decorative columns. If I can knock those out in a week and a half, I should clear at least $3000.

After that, I’ve got a kitchen remodel. Easily $3000 for about four days. It’s nice to also be the cabinet dealer.

After that my brother-in-law needs me for his house and an older house he bought for his daughter. They own three Jimmy Johns and a Nuthin’ Bunt Cakes bakery, plus he’s a retired Navy Commander. He doesn’t get the family discount. :p

I’m enjoying my usual evening bourbon and cokes, doing some blacksmithing stuff, working in the garden, playing with my baby French black copper maran hen that imprinted on me, and making Big Green Eggs pizza tonight.

It’s not all rosy, though. I couldn’t even lift my cup of coffee up into the microwave the day after spending a day spraying the fascias. I think I need a shoulder replacement. Doing deltoid exercises I can hear my shoulder crunching and popping. It’s tolerable now, though.

I may have that done this winter when things slow down a little. I had my left hip resurfaced 10 years ago. After two months of hard rehab, I was truly born again hard.

Uh...let’s see...what else...jumping rope in the mirror, dang my abs look good, but I have to do something with my man-boobs.

Two armadillos started tearing up my front yard. I put up a small critter-sized electric fence. Not the humane pulsing kind, but the cruel 5 joule continuous type. Problem appears to be solved. BTW, it’s on a timer for just a few hours early in the morning.

That’s about it. :D

How you doin’?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.