COVID-19

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by ltlmore, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DouletTheDriver

DouletTheDriver Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2019
    Katy, TX (Houston)
    I started out of Houston on Monday. Went through AL > TN > WV > KY and I have 3 drops on Monday around PA, NJ, MD.
    7 days at $5100.
    My highest gross in my entire 5 months active!
    Praying it wasn’t a “unicorn” week and I can have one more!
    But I haven’t seen the normal amount of trucks on the road, so I think the brokers know that something might not get moved if they don’t pay.
    I was watching a video and an old school trucker was saying don’t doubt for a second that the brokers aren’t price gouging shippers right now, but they’re gonna still try to get us to move it for the same cheapy cheap.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    The numbers are going up because the testing is ramping up.

Would you rather they don't test, so the numbers stay low?

Lite bug Thanks this.
  4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    One issue... Iran & Italy have higer death rates because they are over whelmed. The US has a lower death rate because at the current level we can keep up.. However we started the day at 19k -20ish k confirmed cases. Tonight we are over 25k confirmed cases.. At this rate the end of next week we will be well over 40k cases.. As those cases continue to rise so will all the critical cases and eventually we will also be overwhelmed and the death rates will climb..

The State of NY right now has over 11,700 cases.. The Federal govt is not reacting fast enough and the state can not keep that up. Deaths will start rising in the next week.. NYC is with out a doubt the next Wuhan and our govt is not acting fast enough...

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  5. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Keep rolling brother. Your observations are correct good luck to you on the road.

DouletTheDriver Thanks this.
  6. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Another way to look at the situation. Less Trucks = Less Competition

7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Another way to look at this is 100k confirmed cases in 2 weeks because people aren't taking it serious. People are not taking this stuff seriously and are acting like it's nothing. By the time China had as many cases as we have right now in the US they have Wuhan under marshell law.. The state of NY has 12,323 cases as of right now.. We are not reacting fast enough and places like NYC will be running out of medical supplies fast..

After NYC it's gonna be LA and Houston maybe Seattle but they ignored the CDC early on and started testing for themselves so I think Seattle will curb their outbreak because they reacted when they needed to..

The US went from 19k cases yesterday morning to 27,004 as of this morning.. This is not a stay running if you are non essential situation. This is a situation where the end of this week we will be 40-50k cases.. In 2 weeks we will have surpassed China and have the most cases world wide... We are gonna be in a worse situation than China because China was mostly contained to Wuhan.. We have it in every major city..

This is no longer "china flu".. it's US flu because we are the fastest growing cases world wide because no one is taking this seriously and our govt failed to act 2 months ago when they should have been getting ready for this. Trump just started taking it serious last week... That's 2 months 2 late..He was getting daily briefings in January on this being a pandemic event..

Anyone out there right now running who isn't carrying essential #### is part of what is going to screw us long term.. I know it sucks to shut down.. but this isn't just a risk to yourself, you are risking everyone's life you come in contact with.. Those truck stop cashiers have to stay open because of the essential freight like food and medical supplies.. but they don't need to be needlessly exposed from us flatbed guys, the car haulers ect.. who are just trying to make a quick opportunistic buck..

This #### is 3 times more contagious than the flu.. Last year 22 million people got the flu.. Now do the math what 3 times that means on top of exponential growth and a best case situation of .02% death rate.. That's a lot of dead people..

Italy & Iran are both well over .02% death rate by the way because they are overwhelmed. The UK isn't even overwhelmed yet and their death rate is astronomical compared to their case numbers. Same will happen here in the US because we are not taking this seriously.. We should all be under mandatory stay at home orders right now... All that BS about respirators and hospital supplies they talk about in the WH briefing getting fast tracked is ######## because what they don't tell you is that stuff isn't coming next week it's 6-18 months out...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  8. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio

9. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Stay home, watch tv, and let me help keep your lights and tv on.

10. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    "If" you carry something important this by all means keep trucking.. The point I'm making is do not think you are above the rules just because you drive a truck and think it's manly to stay on the road. If you are not carry mission critical #### you need to sit your ### at home and watch some TV. It's the RIGHT thing to do RIGHT now and it's very critical that we take this #### seriously. This is not a hoax.. The numbers you see today you are going to wish we still had in 2 weeks. The actions that we don't take today will mean deaths in 2 weeks..

11. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Flawed math.

More testing means more positives.

It is possible that the same number of positives today was the same number 2 months ago, just untested.

More positives doesn't mean it's spreading. It probably is, but there is a correlation to testing/positives.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.